It's the lack of profiles that puts me off.

(17-11-2022, 11:35 AM)Jake Wrote:  It's the lack of profiles that puts me off.

There appears to be profiles on the ITV Hub iOS app, which I hadn't noticed before? If you click the circle with your initial in on the top right it asks who's watching?

(17-11-2022, 09:50 AM)davidmarper2010 Wrote:  ITVX is now available through the website.

Funnily enough they are still using the old channel logos. On the website that is meant to be the centrepiece of the whole rebrand...

[Image: itvx-old-logos.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like chaose's post:
  • Happy2001, Juicy Joe, Ma76, orange, sgreen93, Spencer, Stuart

Must be a last minute internal decision to soft launch it, to phase out ITV Hub.

In terms of streaming quality, an improvement but not HD. Unless that comes later? I like the idea of the pop up fast channels

That's odd. Press Centre is the opposite, new logos, but it hasn't been reskinned and so still uses Reem.
www.itv.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Happy2001

(17-11-2022, 11:45 AM)chaose Wrote:  Funnily enough they are still using the old channel logos. On the website that is meant to be the centrepiece of the whole rebrand...

Increasingly of the view that Lambie-Nairn was the only person in the country who could execute a major rebrand properly. The BBC's 'Chameleon' and this ITV relaunch are just filled with so many logistical issues and examples of poor planning. Just basic errors being made.
[-] The following 8 users Like DTV's post:
  • chevron, Former Member 406, Jeff, Liam, Ma76, Mixdown, sgreen93, UTVLifer

FAST channels are ok to drop in and out of and serve no ads. There is a bit of ITVX pres between episodes.

(17-11-2022, 11:50 AM)dbl Wrote:  Must be a last minute internal decision to soft launch it, to phase out ITV Hub.

In terms of streaming quality, an improvement but not HD. Unless that comes later? I like the idea of the pop up fast channels
Dare I cynically wonder if it was done after someone read the post in the other thread about signing up to the ITV Hub for only £39.99 yearly, which would then get migrated over to ITVX at the same price. Quickly rolling out ITVX online conveniently stops any last-minute cheap sign ups to the old ITV Hub. It would also make it easier for them to start advertising the new service in TV trailers / adverts.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • Ma76, sgreen93

(17-11-2022, 11:56 AM)DTV Wrote:  
(17-11-2022, 11:45 AM)chaose Wrote:  Funnily enough they are still using the old channel logos. On the website that is meant to be the centrepiece of the whole rebrand...

Increasingly of the view that Lambie-Nairn was the only person in the country who could execute a major rebrand properly. The BBC's 'Chameleon' and this ITV relaunch are just filled with so many logistical issues and examples of poor planning. Just basic errors being made.
ITV's 2013 rebrand was probably one of the best and most cohesive in TV history. Literally everything changed on the same day.

It's just all kinda odd this time round, I know it was never going to be a full rebrand like 2013 was, but this time just feels a mess, rushed out, cheap which is such a shame. ITV in the past have always been known for some great design aspects. Ok their idents haven't always been the best, but usually the surrounding pres is the best of all the main channels. Now though nothing really stands out. The new font is bland and doesn't look good on screen, the ECP just looks a mess, the menu looks boring, the promo endcaps look kinda dated. I think the only decent thing is some of the transitions with the numerals moving on screen. 

I honestly don't even know if a few tweaks would be enough. Almost feels like they should just stick with this for a while then refresh things later down the line. Focus on ITVX for now, get that well established, then come back to the channels, especially ITV1
[-] The following 6 users Like tomo359's post:
  • chevron, ethanjbrady, Liam, Ma76, Mixdown, UTVLifer

I still have ITV Hub on Android, but the Play Store has it as ITVX in the directory.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Jon