(17-11-2022, 12:09 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(17-11-2022, 11:50 AM)dbl Wrote:  Must be a last minute internal decision to soft launch it, to phase out ITV Hub.

In terms of streaming quality, an improvement but not HD. Unless that comes later? I like the idea of the pop up fast channels
Dare I cynically wonder if it was done after someone read the post in the other thread about signing up to the ITV Hub for only £39.99 yearly, which would then get migrated over to ITVX at the same price.  Quickly rolling out ITVX online conveniently stops any last-minute cheap sign ups to the old ITV Hub.  It would also make it easier for them to start advertising the new service in TV trailers / adverts.
Interesting idea, but sadly not true. ITV has to migrate every different platform separately so makes sense to do it over time and means they can focus on problems as the show up on each version of the service.
So over the next few weeks more and more people will be switched over to it and then on December 8th everyone will receive it, ITV Hub will disappear and new content & all categories/content will appear (some are not yet available, on itv.com at least).
The service has been running for a few weeks internally so many gremlins will have been ironed out, but there are always some when you press the launch button
[-] The following 4 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • Happy2001, London Lite, Ma76, TVFan

(17-11-2022, 12:09 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(17-11-2022, 11:50 AM)dbl Wrote:  Must be a last minute internal decision to soft launch it, to phase out ITV Hub.

In terms of streaming quality, an improvement but not HD. Unless that comes later? I like the idea of the pop up fast channels
Dare I cynically wonder if it was done after someone read the post in the other thread about signing up to the ITV Hub for only £39.99 yearly, which would then get migrated over to ITVX at the same price.  Quickly rolling out ITVX online conveniently stops any last-minute cheap sign ups to the old ITV Hub.  It would also make it easier for them to start advertising the new service in TV trailers / adverts.

Interestingly I got the email about the price staying the same & I haven't had an active ITV Hub+ subscription for 6 months, so I wonder if it was sent to anyone who'd previous subscribed by mistake?

Looks like the iOS app has been updated within the last hour too.

(17-11-2022, 11:41 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  There appears to be profiles on the ITV Hub iOS app, which I hadn't noticed before? If you click the circle with your initial in on the top right it asks who's watching?
The app lets you make a separate profile for kids content now, that’s what that is.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

ITVX is now available to download from the Apple AppStore

(17-11-2022, 12:21 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I still have ITV Hub on Android, but the Play Store has it as ITVX in the directory.
Same at present on Apple TV, whilst it’s updated on iOS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • London Lite

So it seems this has launched early. ITV Hub on iOS has just been updated and has been replaced by ITV X. It’s also changed on itv.com

FAST channels are all live along with the ability to sign up to premium with a 7 day free trial.

(17-11-2022, 02:49 PM)thomalex Wrote:  So it seems this has launched early. ITV Hub on iOS has just been updated and has been replaced by ITV X. It’s also changed on itv.com

FAST channels are all live along with the ability to sign up to premium with a 7 day free trial.

Yes, as we've been discussing.  Big Grin

tvOS looks like it's half way through the process of updating with a cocktail of the both! 

Very snappy on web, Samsung tv and iOS. Not quite sure I'd fork out for the extra. Just don't watch it enough. 

[Image: IMG_0702.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Ma76

For me at the moment all catch up programmes, films etc. are playing out without ads. You can move freely through those advert points and I'm not on premium.

ITVX app on my Samsung TV has just updated from ITV Hub now

It's strange to me that they've pushed ITVX launching on 8th December but have now decided to roll out today?

Got to say, it's much better than ITV Hub and jumping between Live channels is fast.

Price is £5.99/mo - more than the £3.99 we saw on the demo site.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PERMOTIO's post:
  • sgreen93