(17-11-2022, 04:25 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Good that there’s a live restart function for the live streams - that wasn’t there before was it?

Also no ITV News content yet.
There's been a live restart function on ITV Hub via Amazon Fire TV for a while now...

(17-11-2022, 05:41 PM)TVFan Wrote:  
(17-11-2022, 04:24 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Still ITV Hub on Virgin.

But then Virgin can go for ages without apps being updated, for example until very recently, Amazon Prime was still using the circa-2019 design that was long gone on other platforms and Netflix is still using an older design.
Even stranger is that On Demand has changed, but it is called “ITV Catch-up”, I’m assuming that’s meant to be a temporary name before ITVX, unless they aren’t going to use the ITVX brand for catch up.

I think this is intentional. It changed a few months ago on Sky - at the same sort of time they didn't allow non broadcast boxsets and the like to be watched via the Sky box.

So I think they're using 'ITV Catch Up' to mean exactly that, programmes from the last 30 days via places like Sky/Virgin. But ITVX is the full experience where you'll get boxsets ahead of broadcast and older content too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • Ma76, TVFan

(17-11-2022, 05:53 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(17-11-2022, 04:25 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Good that there’s a live restart function for the live streams - that wasn’t there before was it?

Also no ITV News content yet.
There's been a live restart function on ITV Hub via Amazon Fire TV for a while now...

And on the browser version.

(17-11-2022, 04:34 PM)Josh Wrote:  I think they're soft launching it today/over the coming days, full launch on Dec 8th: support.itv.com 

No issues so far except for the fact that you can't access the live tab and are therefore unable to watch any channels live. Let's hope they get it fixed before I'm a Celeb tonight...
twitter.com 
I can access the LIVE and FAST channels fine on mobile so it might be a web problem.

(17-11-2022, 06:02 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  
(17-11-2022, 04:34 PM)Josh Wrote:  I think they're soft launching it today/over the coming days, full launch on Dec 8th: support.itv.com 

No issues so far except for the fact that you can't access the live tab and are therefore unable to watch any channels live. Let's hope they get it fixed before I'm a Celeb tonight...
twitter.com 
I can access the LIVE and FAST channels fine on mobile so it might be a web problem.

Here's a link to the live web stream. https://www.itv.com/watch?channel=itv

Update, seems to be adaptive streaming. As I tried playing the live channels on my TV and it eventually went to HD. Doesn't seem to be 50fps/fluid though

(17-11-2022, 06:11 PM)AxG Wrote:  
(17-11-2022, 06:02 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  I can access the LIVE and FAST channels fine on mobile so it might be a web problem.

Here's a link to the live web stream. https://www.itv.com/watch?channel=itv
I just clicked the link on web and it’s actually still working for me. A bit buggy, but still works.

ITVX added to Roku according to a friend. Presumably also being added to NOW legacy boxes too.

Android TV and Fire TV is still ITV Hub.

ITVX works to my Nvidia Shield by casting from Chrome.

On the Roku I have, ITV Hub loads as ITVX. Great definition on ITV Be now.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(17-11-2022, 07:26 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  On the Roku I have, ITV Hub loads as ITVX. Great definition on ITV Be now.

On my friend's device, ITVX shows as a tile on the apps menu.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Andrew Wood

The tile has updated since earlier. Now a very bright yellow one!

[Image: tig96x96.png]