(28-11-2022, 11:31 PM)cable Wrote:  Chromecast with Google TV app update dated the 25th November brings the updated ITVX logo on the homscreen apps rail. hoping a future update will take advantage of frame rate matching and set the app to be 50Hz upon loading.

The tile has changed to ITVX on the Nvidia Shield as well. Going by initial impressions, most of the bugs have been ironed out.

The Britbox UK twitter account is closing, but Britbox still exists as does Britbox Help. I can't help but feeling this strategy is muddled.

twitter.com 

Do you think there was some resistance from BBC or Channel 4, who put a lot of content in BritBox, about it all being folded into ITVX and nothing else? As this seems like a shift in strategy compared to what was originally announced earlier this year!

If there was resistance surely the Britbox UK account would stay open?

Now presumably you will have ITVX tweeting about new Britbox shows which are badged 'X Premium' on ITVX.

The standalone version seems to exist only to fulfil contractual agreements with existing plans & Amazon Channels.

Give it twelve month and the name will be history (over here anyway).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jameseh's post:
  • octothorpe

Still the ITV Hub on Virgin...

(29-11-2022, 01:35 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Still the ITV Hub on Virgin...
And sky Q/glass still no app

(29-11-2022, 01:42 PM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 01:35 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Still the ITV Hub on Virgin...
And sky Q/glass still no app

Not sure how I used ITV X on Glass last night then….

(29-11-2022, 03:00 PM)Adsales Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 01:42 PM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  And sky Q/glass still no app

Not sure how I used ITV X on Glass last night then….

It's been introduced to Stream and Glass first.

www.cordbusters.co.uk 

(29-11-2022, 12:48 AM)Jameseh Wrote:  The standalone version seems to exist only to fulfil contractual agreements with existing plans & Amazon Channels.

Give it twelve month and the name will be history (over here anyway).
I’m not so sure, even if the standalone app goes. Keeping BritBox content under that banner seems to make sense and is a good way to reflect the fact it’s more than just classic content from ITV. To be able to say ITV X includes BritBox just adds value to the offering, in similar way Disney+ has its sub brands. That said doesn’t the BBC agreement run out at some point in the future?