Whilst I'm not a particular fan of the celeb ads they've done, seeing all the trails for the new shows is giving me that sort of new channel buzz when something exciting would launch on Freeview in the mid 2000s. It does feel like its offering something quite different in a way that makes the other free streaming services just feel like catch up services. I hope they're able to keep the momentum on new shows beyond the launch.

I wonder if the Harry and Meghan Netflix doc being launched on the same days as the official ITVX launch might take the wind out of their sails that day.

And still no update to the Hub on LG or Freeview Play.

(04-12-2022, 07:13 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  Does anyone have any idea why the Apple TV app doesn’t have the fast channels? Very disappointing after the long wait.
It does seem like apart from iOS, Android and Samsung. Everyone is basically just getting a reskinned version of ITV Hub. I would imagine there is some technical logic to it, tvOS (Apple) doesn’t have the nice EPG on its live channels and it’s basically the same as it was before. With the webOS (LG) update it looks as though it already is ITV X in all but name as it updates to that style layout a few weeks ago but I imagine not much has changed with the backend likewise with tvOS. 

Other services offer fast channels and live TV on those operating systems, so hopefully it’s something ITV will implement quite soon. 

I would hope ITV X goes big on fast channels, the amount they’ve got hardly makes it seem worth it and pre-recorded ITV News seems logical and access to third party ones would really benefit the service.

Three days to go and most Fire TV users still have the Hub, but on the other hand the older app has been streaming the World Cup matches, including last night's England match with no issues.

The Nvidia Shield ITVX app continues to be buggy, especially streaming the linear channels, but the FAST channels and VOD are a lot better than before.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

Regarding the tvOS situation. Ive received an update from the support team at ITVX and it appears the lack of 'categories and features' is part of a plan... that to me makes very little sense.

It reads as follows:

"Hi there, So sorry for the delay it getting back to you. I have been making enquires on your Apple TV. The Apple TV ITVX app is being rolled out in 2 parts. The first part roll out has began and this has got our viewers up and running where the 2nd part with the categories and the other functions will be released at a later date."

I guess patience is what is required from us end users.

So yes, it sounds like they’ve reskinned the Hub app for now, but when they can get round to it they’ll bring it into line with the others and add the new features. So I imagine that’s when the fast channels will come to the platform.

I wonder whether this will be the case with LG TVs as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • IanJRedman

So is ITVX coming to Sky Q or not? There seems to be some confusion.

(05-12-2022, 09:17 PM)Spencer Wrote:  So is ITVX coming to Sky Q or not? There seems to be some confusion.

I would read that as the full ITVX app - with the FAST channels and such - being on Sky Glass and Sky Stream, and the ITVX brand being applied to the current Sky Q offering. Presumably this is a discrepancy between how ITV wants to see ITVX's launch and how Sky see the roll out of the new app.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • Spencer

ITVX has been spotted in the Sky Q apps file. Apps normally appear in this file months before going live, but ITVX only appeared very recently. There is a good chance it will launch on Sky Q but it is unlikely to be on 8th December.

The apps file can be viewed at 192.168.xx.xx  replace the xx's with the IP of your main Sky Q box.
[-] The following 2 users Like tmf9's post:
  • bilky asko, Spencer

{
        "appId" : "com.sky.itv",
        "blocked" : true,
        "catalogueId" : "CTV",
        "entitlements" : "D12,ETHAN_APP_2,ETHAN_APP_3,ETHAN_APP_4",
        "extended" : {},
        "icons" : [
            {
              "APPTRAY" : "http://127.0.0.1:8008/pm/icons/com.sky.itv/APPTRAY"
            }
        ],
        "imgIcon" : "http://127.0.0.1:8008/pm/icons/com.sky.itv",
        "pinLocked" : false,
        "pinManagement" : "READ-WRITE",
        "title" : "ITVx RC2",
        "validCert" : false,
        "version" : "2.2.7.911",
        "visibleOnTray" : false,
        "voiceEnabled" : false
      },

This is a release candidate, not a stable release.

en.wikipedia.org 
[-] The following 2 users Like cable's post:
  • bilky asko, London Lite

Yeah, that's why I don't think it will be available by 8th Dec, but it proves tests are underway on Sky Q.