(06-12-2022, 10:56 AM)tmf9 Wrote:  ITVX has been spotted in the Sky Q apps file. Apps normally appear in this file months before going live, but ITVX only appeared very recently. There is a good chance it will launch on Sky Q but it is unlikely to be on 8th December.

The apps file can be viewed at 192.168.xx.xx  replace the xx's with the IP of your main Sky Q box.

Really interesting. I’d have thought ITV would have wanted ITVX on (what I’m presuming is) Sky’s biggest platform from launch.

From Sky’s point of view, I can understand them wanting to give Glass and Stream, as their new services, a perceived advantage by putting ITVX on them first.

But I’m not sure who calls the shots in this situation.

According to the 'other place', Roku users have lost the ability to stream live channels on ITVX.

There will be a BSL FAST channel at launch, a world first:

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itvx-launches-world-first-british-sign-language-channel
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • HJB, Rijowhi

(05-12-2022, 09:17 PM)Spencer Wrote:  So is ITVX coming to Sky Q or not? There seems to be some confusion.

(06-12-2022, 09:36 PM)tmf9 Wrote:  Yeah, that's why I don't think it will be available by 8th Dec, but it proves tests are underway on Sky Q.
it could still happen, www.minecraft.net  suggests if it was stable enough it would be release a week after. depends if Skys testing team and ITV are mutually happy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • Spencer

Amazon are finally upgrading all remaining Fire TV devices to ITVX tonight.

Some resolution and fps updates.

ITV1-4/Be linear channels as well as FAST channels start at 704x396 and then upgrade to 1920x1080. So 1080p at 25fps.

ITV News content is 720p.

ITV content such as Corrie starts at 704x396, then gradually goes to 720p and then 1080p at 25fps.

Britbox content depends on the show. Fawlty Towers being SD is 1024x576, but Call the Midwife streamed from the start at 1080p, all at 25fps.

Personally the Fire TV app is the most reliable of the ITVX apps so far as everything works as it should.

Since the upgrade to ITVX, Family Guy is now in full HD.

The first wave of ITVX originals were made available at midnight.

(06-12-2022, 09:46 PM)London Lite Wrote:  According to the 'other place', Roku users have lost the ability to stream live channels on ITVX.

Same as Amazon Fire devices. The Live TV option is there but comes up with an error when you select it. Seems more like a fault in the app.

It does seem very much like it’s a lipstick on a pig job that I can remember when it was announced they said it wouldn’t be. At the moment every device just seems to have the same app but with ITVX branding instead of the Hub and BritBox tagged on. They really should have used the BritBox app as a template because that is a far superior app.
[-] The following 1 user Likes darrenlit94's post:
  • Stuart

(08-12-2022, 10:02 AM)darrenlit94 Wrote:  It does seem very much like it’s a lipstick on a pig job that I can remember when it was announced they said it wouldn’t be. At the moment every device just seems to have the same app but with ITVX branding instead of the Hub and BritBox tagged on. They really should have used the BritBox app as a template because that is a far superior app.

It reminds me a lot of what happened when Demand 5 rebranded as My5. On YouView in particular, the Demand 5 branding lingered on for months following the My5 website roll out. Channel 5 did eventually swap the logos out, but the app largely remained the same for a further six months before it was fully refreshed.

However, ITV have at least done something to swap the branding out. The BBC still have the old non-Reith logos on the channel icons on YouView boxes and my TV still displays the old iPlayer logo despite the app having updated several times.
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Happy2001, Josh