twitter.com 

Maybe, today's LG update to an ITV X button, is all we're going to get....for the time being.

Annoyingly me for me, ITVX hasn’t appeared on my Philips Smart TV and Hub has now stopped working altogether.

Commendable as the BSL FAST channel is, I'm struggling to see how useful it actually is to anyone. The whole point of FAST channels is that you can dip in and out of shows that you would normally just put on in the background, or wouldn't normally seek out on demand. Every channel is one show or one genre.

Whereas this channel is multiple shows and multiple genres - you've got no idea when anything is going to be on because there's no schedule, and if you're joining halfway though a signed episode of Wycliffe then as far as I can see there's no way of watching it from the start or even watching it on demand on the show's page. It's pot luck as to whether you're going to stumble on something you actually want to watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • eyeTV

(16-12-2022, 05:46 PM)gottago Wrote:  Commendable as the BSL FAST channel is, I'm struggling to see how useful it actually is to anyone. The whole point of FAST channels is that you can dip in and out of shows that you would normally just put on in the background, or wouldn't normally seek out on demand. Every channel is one show or one genre.

Whereas this channel is multiple shows and multiple genres - you've got no idea when anything is going to be on because there's no schedule, and if you're joining halfway though a signed episode of Wycliffe then as far as I can see there's no way of watching it from the start or even watching it on demand on the show's page. It's pot luck as to whether you're going to stumble on something you actually want to watch.

because it is a 100% improvement in accessibility for people who do require signed programmes. where as previously they have been restricted to early morning/late night

(16-12-2022, 06:44 PM)cable Wrote:  
(16-12-2022, 05:46 PM)gottago Wrote:  Commendable as the BSL FAST channel is, I'm struggling to see how useful it actually is to anyone. The whole point of FAST channels is that you can dip in and out of shows that you would normally just put on in the background, or wouldn't normally seek out on demand. Every channel is one show or one genre.

because it is a 100% improvement in accessibility for people who do require signed programmes. where as previously they have been restricted to early morning/late night

Please re-read my post, I think you've missed the key points. Arguably recording programmes in the middle of the night is substantially more useful than what they're currently offering.

(16-12-2022, 07:04 PM)gottago Wrote:  
(16-12-2022, 06:44 PM)cable Wrote:  because it is a 100% improvement in accessibility for people who do require signed programmes. where as previously they have been restricted to early morning/late night

Please re-read my post, I think you've missed the key points. Arguably recording programmes in the middle of the night is substantially more useful than what they're currently offering.

I get what you are getting at but, you're looking at this concept too flat. think of it like a barker channel for the BSL section of ITVX where they are there to watch on demand to watch 24/7. 

take the ITV1 fast channel, once ITVX is further integrated into existing broadcast platforms it can provide enhanced functionality e.g. watch from start on SkyQ. This watch from start functionality can also be implemented for FAST channels.

In general, the watch from start feature needs to be implemented on the FAST channels or a link to the VOD version of the show being aired.

It seems to be the luck of the draw a week after launch if you get a properly working version of ITVX, a buggy version of ITVX, left with ITV Hub or simply nothing at all.

Once again it shows if you buy a budget Fire Stick or Roku device, you're likely to get the full features provided by ITVX than a rebadged version of the Hub which some have got too.

(16-12-2022, 07:13 PM)cable Wrote:  
(16-12-2022, 07:04 PM)gottago Wrote:  Please re-read my post, I think you've missed the key points. Arguably recording programmes in the middle of the night is substantially more useful than what they're currently offering.

I get what you are getting at but, you're looking at this concept too flat. think of it like a barker channel for the AD section of ITVX where they are there to watch on demand to watch 24/7. 
But AD isn’t BSL. There is no BSL section and as far as I can see the shows they are playing on the FAST channel aren’t available to view on demand in BSL. It’s catch a bit of it live or nothing at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • Ma76, sjhoward

(16-12-2022, 10:06 PM)gottago Wrote:  
(16-12-2022, 07:13 PM)cable Wrote:  I get what you are getting at but, you're looking at this concept too flat. think of it like a barker channel for the AD section of ITVX where they are there to watch on demand to watch 24/7. 
But AD isn’t BSL. There is no BSL section and as far as I can see the shows they are playing on the FAST channel aren’t available to view on demand in BSL. It’s catch a bit of it live or nothing at all.
fair point but they could add such a category in the future.

It really isn't much of a service for those viewers and I didn't really understand the fanfare at the time. It would be much better to give those programmes a VOD section to choose from. Not just a random, pot-luck stream without even a listing of whats on.

With today's capabilities I really think those viewers deserve something better (from all broadcasters).