BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Another Behind the News filler now
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Another new phrase just now:

"You are live with BBC News"

Nice to see Matthew Amroliwala (Sorry about pronounciation) back on the UK feed!

(03-04-2023, 09:45 AM)DTV Wrote:  Also, I know people love to do the whole 'World is for ex-pats' schtick, so I'll just quote a BBC submission to a Select Committee from 2006 I came across the other day: "Ex-patriot British are a constituent part of the BBC World audience. However, they are not the primary focus of the channel, and make up a very small proportion of the channel's total audience." They'd be an even smaller proportion today.
As someone who has lived abroad, I always found Sky News to be much better for ‘news from home’. World is (or was) exactly that: world news, whereas Sky is explicitly geared towards a UK audience (but just happens to be shown worldwide).
[-] The following 7 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, matthieu1221, Stuart, thevaran, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 09:38 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  [Image: vlcsnap-00040.jpg]
Boring, banal question, but is that red... redder than before? Seems more vibrant. Might just be me. Who even cares if it is marginally different? Just wondering for my own curiosity.
[-] The following 5 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, SirBiscuit45, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 09:51 AM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 09:38 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  [Image: vlcsnap-00040.jpg]
Boring, banal question, but is that red... redder than before? Seems more vibrant. Might just be me. Who even cares if it is marginally different? Just wondering for my own curiosity.
It's the same. It's just that screenshot.

(03-04-2023, 09:46 AM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Another Behind the News filler now
It ended with a very odd expression on Matthew Amroliwala’s face - a slight grimace and look to one side as if to say ‘will that do?’ to someone off camera. It felt like they cut away late from it. Odd to leave that in in a pre-rec’d piece.
[-] The following 6 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, MasterOogway_24, oscillon, thevaran, Worzel

World feed just opted out from the bulletin. Red Bee now airs an updated logo in the Click 5 min pre-record:
[Image: dd7b2d45c903f881b1c0a35deb331ec1-png.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, bakamann, bkman1990, chrisherald, SirBiscuit45, thevaran, TVenthusiasm

(03-04-2023, 09:52 AM)ALV Wrote:  World feed just opted out from the bulletin. Red Bee now airs an updated logo in the Click 5 min pre-record:
[Image: dd7b2d45c903f881b1c0a35deb331ec1-png.jpg]

Where did the UK feed cut to while World is on this Click pre-record?

I understand the change mainly happens at mid-day according to the lovely Victoria Valentine on Twitter
[-] The following 7 users Like mccanmat's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, oscillon, thevaran, UTVLifer