BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-04-2023, 09:52 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 09:46 AM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Another Behind the News filler now
It ended with a very odd expression on Matthew Amroliwala’s face - a slight grimace and look to one side as if to say ‘will that do?’ to someone off camera. It felt like they cut away late from it. Odd to leave that in in a pre-rec’d piece.

Same was with Maryam Moshiri's one, at least on the UK feed.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Spencer, thevaran

(03-04-2023, 09:54 AM)Mattrt Wrote:  Where did the UK feed cut to while World is on this Click pre-record?
UK is still with Ben Thompson for UK news.
[-] The following 4 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, Plutobug

(03-04-2023, 09:52 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 09:46 AM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Another Behind the News filler now
It ended with a very odd expression on Matthew Amroliwala’s face - a slight grimace and look to one side as if to say ‘will that do?’ to someone off camera. It felt like they cut away late from it. Odd to leave that in in a pre-rec’d piece.

Spot...

- How many times you see the old Gill Sans BBC logo
- The final newsroom shot on the b-roll showed the newsroom hoop with the other broken section.

At least they tried to frame the broken hoop section out of the Matthew to camera pieces with this one.

Was this one of the surprises? They've put the broken newsroom hoop to air having wrapped it up in VR for a year!  Big Grin

They make GB News' presenter promos look polished!
[-] The following 5 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, Michael Power, thevaran, UTVLifer

New Reith countdown going into the TOTH at 10. Just as we expected it to look like.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 7 users Like Josh's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, oscillon, Plutobug, UTVLifer

Wish we had that gradient on the clock like Alba's
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael Power's post:
  • bkman1990, SirBiscuit45, UTVLifer

Not bad...
[Image: 600eee03e55dd5b0635577d0a70af846.png]
My condolences to those who loved the World jingle in the countdown. I can say that jingle is now history.
---
Ticker is back
[Image: 3f51967f6ab29183e11edd85ddceb35f-png.jpg]
[-] The following 8 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Plutobug, thevaran, UTVLifer

The hundredths of a second rather than 'frames' on the countdown doesn't really work - looks too jittery and far less smooth, with the final digit looking almost seizure inducing.
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ittr, Stuart

(03-04-2023, 09:54 AM)mccanmat Wrote:  I understand the change mainly happens at mid-day according to the lovely Victoria Valentine on Twitter

She said it about This Week in History filler, not sure if she meant anything else...
twitter.com 

We still expect Lucy Hockings' show to launch today, and if it does at noon, then welcome odd scheduling as one more shift before 2000 BST will be a two-hour one (instead of three-hour).
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

The countdown also displays tenths and hundredths instead of frames

(03-04-2023, 09:42 AM)CF1 Wrote:  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this but Ben Thompson fronting this first hour of the "new" merged channel - as someone who isn't one of the named 5 chief presenters on the channel -  gives me hope that we'll still see the likes of Martine Croxall and Ben Brown around.

So we can now say Ben is one of the 8 new presenter/reporters. I guess he'll be on until 13.00 CET when Lucy takes over. I would assume she'll be followed by Yalda, Matthew and finally Christian, which would be in line with the usual World schedule.
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, Plutobug, thevaran, UTVLifer