BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Loving the fact that nobody at BBC News is bothered that Paul Moss is sitting in front of a screen with a very prominent GB News logo on it in an interview with Ben Thompson that has been replayed over the last couple of hours.

No separate business presenter at 1130, Ben is doing it himself (I wonder if it is just because his week to present WBR and his shift to present mornings overlapped?)

May have been a bit hasty on pace earlier, the last half-hour has had a very decent eleven stories - much better when they don't go to full four-minute interviews for every story. Still think a more regular News in Brief segment would do some good.

I'd also appreciate some more packaged reporting - whether VT reports or in-studio/at-screen reports. A few talking heads are alright, but nearly every story isn't great - especially when, as with the Finnish elections, at least a graphic of results would help explain.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

I've seen more than enough of LVJ this weekend and morning when he ignored World News' existence. What is he supposed to do later on??? Fill in for Chief Presenters on Day 1???

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, thevaran, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 11:37 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I've seen more than enough of LVJ this weekend and morning when he ignored World News' existence. What is he supposed to do later on??? Fill in for Chief Presenters on Day 1???

twitter.com 
Isn't it very much the softest of soft launches today, though? I suspect the real schedule will start in a couple of weeks once the schools are back and shift patterns are back to normal.

BBCWorldNews.com has been updated with minor imagery changes, but they still haven't changed the presenter lineup.

As soft as this relunch is, you would expect them to gather their ''new faces'' on Day 1 so they all appear, outside of the clumsy Behind The Scenes clips.

(03-04-2023, 11:37 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I've seen more than enough of LVJ this weekend and morning when he ignored World News' existence. What is he supposed to do later on??? Fill in for Chief Presenters on Day 1???

twitter.com 
I would have liked a Stephen Cole-style special - "You've been watching World. Goodbye'.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan, Ian, UTVLifer

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, Kojak, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

What's up with those "behind the scenes" promos with the main presenters? They seem to be put haphazardly into the middle of the bulletin. Before one rolled, Ben said "This is BBC News," and then after it ran, there was no acknowledgment. No "welcome back" or anything. Am I missing something?
[-] The following 3 users Like Charles's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 237, UTVLifer