BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

My first thoughts:

[*]The countdown should go back to fps, not hundredths of seconds
[*]The countdowns weren't made with the intention of having a white logo at the top, so it often just disappears into the background
[*]Either fix that hoop or don't show it, because it makes it look like a local cable news channel broadcasting from Walnut Grove, Minnesota
[*]The one-line lower thirds are just a waste of on-screen real estate space
[*]I don't need to see the description throughout the package, I don't have short-term memory retention issues
[*]Either have a flipper or not. Don't waste space just showing the URL.

I can't say I'm a 'happy (Easter) bunny' from what I've seen so far. Dodgy
[-] The following 9 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, LDN, oscillon, Plutobug, SomeRandomStuff, thePineapple, thevaran, tvwatcher, UTVLifer

Not to start off an off topic discussion, BBC will always be London based, London is the capital. It is impossible to escape that fact. All this fuss and fury about the BBC being London centric and moving out of London is a fallacy. If they had moved, for example the main newsroom up north, one could believe it. But they never did that, so from the start, it was clear, It is for show. Maybe the penny has dropped at LBH.
[-] The following 7 users Like Former Member 237's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Jeff, Newsroom, Roger Darthwell, TVenthusiasm, UTVLifer

Are they just using RSS headlines for the flipper?
I just saw one that simply proclaimed "The other Chinese apps taking the US and UK by storm"

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 3 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • bkman1990, House, TVenthusiasm

That new recreation of the globe is so incredibly simple compared to the visual density of the original. While people here like to complain how long the the 2008 package has been on air, the really impressive thing about Lambie-Nairn's work is just how much detail is packed into every frame, which ensures that repeated viewings always reveal new details. The sheer number of layers and the way they interact is quite stunning. Whereas the new one is easy to 'decipher' on one viewing.

Some notable HD mock recreations back in the blue place are worth checking out, to get a true appreciation of just how much work went into them.
[-] The following 7 users Like FactorFiles's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, justinh, negredo, SomeRandomStuff, TVFan

(03-04-2023, 11:45 AM)Charles Wrote:  What's up with those "behind the scenes" promos with the main presenters? They seem to be put haphazardly into the middle of the bulletin. Before one rolled, Ben said "This is BBC News," and then after it ran, there was no acknowledgment. No "welcome back" or anything. Am I missing something?

It's a break filler for UK viewers when World goes to adverts, as are the "Across the UK" clips
[-] The following 2 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

I find it odd that they’re labelling the five of them ‘Chief Presenter’ during the ‘behind’ promos - almost all of the regular BBC News and World News presenters have had this title over the years, but I’ve never seen them referred to such on screen?

Studio C has a new backdrop, looks like the one in B. Also has the short intro too, but ended rather abruptly.
[Image: vcLSR2B.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Renap's post:
  • bkman1990, House

OMG I'm so proud my speculation is almost correct! New short titles in CHAMELEON STYLE
[Image: 368f3f2fc8ade1ea38a8b9aadfac9b88.png]

CLOSE enough to what we speculated initially...
[Image: 9386065faaa6d070cfc202f00b77a023.png]
[-] The following 14 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, Former Member 237, Jimbo2022, matthieu1221, Newsroom, oscillon, Plutobug, Stuart, thevaran, UTVLifer, W. Knight

Lucy Hockings now presenting the bulletin.

Shortened headlines, Shortened Intro, and looks like she is holding a solo teleprompter.
[-] The following 3 users Like bakamann's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 237, UTVLifer

Those titles were a bit rough.
[-] The following 8 users Like AxG's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Former Member 237, House, Plutobug, Stuart, thevaran, UTVLifer