BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

The blip is finally launched on the domestic feed !
[-] The following 8 users Like Frances's post:
  • AndrewP, bakamann, bkman1990, chrisherald, Hadrien, Jimbo2022, oscillon, UTVLifer

I've deleted my previous post which asked what this annoying animation was that keeps firing. It's gone off at least half a dozen times during the 1200BST bulletin and for no reason?

Uploaded here.

Link description here
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

Well the blip is finally updated on the UK feed now:

up.metropol247.co.uk 

And we finally got our first look at the updated sting:

up.metropol247.co.uk 

Looks like the red box is now consigned to history!
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

I get that the BBC is in the toilet financially, and is looking for ways to tighten their strings, but surely, they could have been able to make a new proper brand for the merged News channels much more appealing than this half-baked lazy attempt?
[-] The following 9 users Like Michael Power's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, James, mouseboy33, thevaran, Universal_r, UTVLifer, WolfieVII

(03-04-2023, 12:23 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  What is that random animation that keeps firing throughout the 1200BST bulletin.
I think it happened whenever they changed LIVE DTL video, at least when reporting on Trump. Also they did it when they chaged the layout of the tabs on screen. Seems a bit intrusive to me as well.

Here is how the new layout for an on location event tracking (for lack of better wording) looks:
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 12:36 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I've deleted my previous post which asked what this annoying animation was that keeps firing. It's gone off at least half a dozen times during the 1200BST bulletin and for no reason?

Uploaded here.

Link description here

The initial one looks to be a transition between the two images and then the 2nd one was the transition back to just the presenter.
They could have handled that better and have the image within the split screen have its own transition rather than the whole feed.
[-] The following 4 users Like Crakila's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Newsroom

(03-04-2023, 12:36 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I've deleted my previous post which asked what this annoying animation was that keeps firing. It's gone off at least half a dozen times during the 1200BST bulletin and for no reason?

Uploaded here.

Link description here

I don’t mind it really - just a transition between the video/content framing on screen.  In the first instance in your video, it appears to have just been fired early/by mistake - I also suspect the reporter wasn’t meant to remain on screen given how long Lucy was talking for after thanking him, which makes me wonder if someone selected the wrong template when trying to bring in the Florida shot?

Like others I think it’s all a bit meh. What I don’t like is the change of the BBC News colouring.
Sometimes it’s all white, then all black, then all red and then sometimes black and red.
[-] The following 6 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, James, SomeRandomStuff, Spencer

Yalda in the hostage seat!

[Image: vlcsnap-00007.jpg]
[-] The following 13 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, Charles, chrisherald, Josh, matthieu1221, Plutobug, Stuart, thevaran, Universal_r, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(03-04-2023, 12:19 PM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Just a bit of a mess frankly. No one can suggest that striking teachers in England is a global news story. The sentencing of Olivia Pratt-Korbel’s killer later on (for example) is easier to justify.

More widely though will anyone care- the ratings for these channels were already minimal.

I would much prefer it was just World News, and they made that clear outside of the main bulletins rather than trying to mash them together.