BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

There's no way they'd be handling the setencing like this before the channels merged. They'd run other stories or other news and then break in with the verdict and analysis.

They're drawing this out because they clearly don't want to opt back into the World feed but we've had Daniel Sanford explain 3 times about the history of cameras in courts... despite no camera being on.

I wish they'd sort out the frame rate of the newsroom reporter cameras, its very jarring.
[-] The following 7 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, Frances, LDN, thevaran, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 03:09 PM)Worzel Wrote:  There's no way they'd be handling the setencing like this before the channels merged. They'd run other stories or other news and then break in with the verdict and analysis.

They're drawing this out because they clearly don't want to opt back into the World feed but we've had Daniel Sanford explain 3 times about the history of cameras in courts... despite no camera being on.

I wish they'd sort out the frame rate of the newsroom reporter cameras, its very jarring.
It's very Sky News, isn't it? That was one thing I've never quite gelled with about Sky, that when there is a big story they run with it for hours, often never showing the presenter and instead just showing live or B-roll footage.

And now for the 4th time we're hearing about the history and information about cameras in court...

Mark Easton scrolling the screen.

I can't see any reason why they can't stay opt-ed out, but have this presenter read the headlines and other stories as a way to fill time?

When they spun up the UK feed his first words were "I'll be here for the next 20 minutes or so to take you through..."
[-] The following 1 user Likes lanerobertlane's post:
  • chrisherald

(03-04-2023, 01:45 PM)ALV Wrote:  Uhh anyone got a clue what studio is this? I'm guessing it's just a catwalk in E with the newsroom background put on the screens...
[Image: ce4bdcbef302f7ebbcaff601b2f8713c.png]
UK 'Breaking News' opt from a bloke with a fixed head shot from his spare bedroom (or a cupboard in NBH), stood in front of a poster of a blurred newsroom background, just doesn't scream 'international news channel' quality to me.

It would look better coming from the BBC CI temporary studio.

If this is the best they've got, then just broadcast BBC international feed in full.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 03:09 PM)gottago Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 02:18 PM)ALV Wrote:  More extracts from the South Asian feed... it's completely unwatchable. 30% of the screen is CENSORED with the "BBC WORLD NEWS" strap. You can't read any text on the lower-thirds and the infographics are completely blocked... What the hell is going on in that feed?
www.youtube.com 

Very odd. There must be some sort of weird legal reason for keeping the old name. No doubt it will be gone soon enough but I'd love to the know the reason why it's necessary.

I suspect that Indian regulators require broadcasters to file paperwork to them about the name change, because from what I recall, a similar thing is being done in Vietnam.
[-] The following 3 users Like bakamann's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 03:27 PM)bakamann Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 03:09 PM)gottago Wrote:  Very odd. There must be some sort of weird legal reason for keeping the old name. No doubt it will be gone soon enough but I'd love to the know the reason why it's necessary.

I suspect that Indian regulators require broadcasters to file paperwork to them about the name change, because from what I recall, a similar thing is being done in Vietnam.
Okay but surely they can just cover the line with BBC NEWS with BBC WORLD NEWS rather than the whole bar? Looks ridiculous right now.

And if that doesn't work just put BBC WORLD NEWS at the top somewhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like Renap's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, thevaran

(03-04-2023, 03:27 PM)bakamann Wrote:  I suspect that Indian regulators require broadcasters to file paperwork to them about the name change, because from what I recall, a similar thing is being done in Vietnam.
This debacle wasn't planned a week last Thursday. Why haven't they done that if it was required?
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

(03-04-2023, 03:25 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 01:45 PM)ALV Wrote:  Uhh anyone got a clue what studio is this? I'm guessing it's just a catwalk in E with the newsroom background put on the screens...
[Image: ce4bdcbef302f7ebbcaff601b2f8713c.png]
UK 'Breaking News' opt from a bloke with a fixed head shot from his spare bedroom (or a cupboard in NBH), stood in front of a poster of a blurred newsroom background, just doesn't scream 'international news channel' quality to me.

It would look better coming from the BBC CI temporary studio.

If this is the best they've got, then just broadcast BBC international feed in full.
Lewis is on the newsroom balcony (studio J). They could just use the old Outside Source camera position overlooking the newsroom with a live shot. That would've made too much sense though.
[-] The following 5 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, fanoftv, Jeff, oscillon, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 03:33 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Lewis is on the newsroom balcony (studio J). They could just use the old Outside Source camera position overlooking the newsroom with a live shot. That would've made too much sense though.

Where possibly can Lewis be standing in the balcony though to show that backdrop? This video was taken 2 days ago and it seems there are no new facilities installed on the balcony studio...
https://twitter.com/robertrea/status/1631217316888281088
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, Bogdan222, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, oscillon, UTVLifer