BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-04-2023, 03:33 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Lewis is on the newsroom balcony (studio J). They could just use the old Outside Source camera position overlooking the newsroom with a live shot. That would've made too much sense though.
I'm not so bothered about the backdrop - the locked-off Outside Source camera shot wasn't exactly the greatest shot of the newsroom, being rather lift heavy.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • Moz, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 03:35 PM)ALV Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 03:33 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Lewis is on the newsroom balcony (studio J). They could just use the old Outside Source camera position overlooking the newsroom with a live shot. That would've made too much sense though.

Where possibly can Lewis be standing in the balcony though to show that backdrop? This video was taken 2 days ago and it seems there are no new facilities installed on the balcony studio...
https://twitter.com/robertrea/status/1631217316888281088

I would assume he's standing in front of the old OS screen.

When the old OS broadcasted from there with the old programme branding, the newsroom with the 'Outside Source' logo on suffered from that same blurry-tinted tinge.

(03-04-2023, 03:37 PM)DTV Wrote:  
I'm not so bothered about the backdrop - the locked-off Outside Source camera shot wasn't exactly the greatest shot of the newsroom, being rather lift heavy.
Even that OS shot was better than this 'standing in front of a poster' job.

(03-04-2023, 03:35 PM)ALV Wrote:  

Where possibly can Lewis be standing in the balcony though to show that backdrop? This video was taken 2 days ago and it seems there are no new facilities installed on the balcony studio...
https://twitter.com/robertrea/status/1631217316888281088
This video was taken in early March, not April. Presumably, 1 month was enough to install any required equipment.

At last they have the sentencing, one hour and a quarter after they opted out. (Could have given us the beginning of Matthew's show atr least.)

(03-04-2023, 03:31 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 03:27 PM)bakamann Wrote:  I suspect that Indian regulators require broadcasters to file paperwork to them about the name change, because from what I recall, a similar thing is being done in Vietnam.
This debacle wasn't planned a week last Thursday. Why haven't they done that if it was required?

Probably they sense that they will be dealt in a negative manner, especially with the controversy surrounding the Modi documentary, despite not officially being aired outside the UK.

Why aren't they using the shot with the screen? It's just the main close up, all the time, with annoying OS split screens. Go back to the usual multi-camera set up.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, Ittr, Worzel

BBC News global still cut-away to the killer sentencing despite UK feed already opted-out

(03-04-2023, 03:43 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Why aren't they using the shot with the screen? It's just the main close up, all the time, with annoying OS split screens. Go back to the usual multi-camera set up.

www.youtube.com 
Someone's having us on surely? This must be a late April Fools day joke? Or we're all in some sort of dream?

I mean, we've now got how many versions of the titles and weird concoctions going on?

Martin Lambie Nairn must be turning in his grave.

A dogs hind leg is a pretty accurate description of today's branding effort.
[-] The following 6 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, Ittr, James, Pips2022, SomeRandomStuff

(03-04-2023, 03:49 PM)bakamann Wrote:  BBC News global still cut-away to the killer sentencing despite UK feed already opted-out

Oh my, oh my. Well, hopefully this will provide a clean return to the global feed, with Matthew doing short closing comments for both UK and World feeds before moving to the next story.

UPD. No, it is LVJ again on the UK feed after the hearing concluded. They are waiting for reaction now, and again discussing it.

Maybe someone can spot him upstairs.

[Image: vlcsnap-00017.jpg]