BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

They couldn't even manage consistent titles?
[Image: vVsgoJE.gif]

The World feed has now left Yalda’s programme early. They’ve gone to a short edition of Click while the UK feed stays with Yalda.

(03-04-2023, 07:55 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  The World feed has now left Yalda’s programme early. They’ve gone to a short edition of Click while the UK feed stays with Yalda.

For the teachers' strike story that was mentioned in the headlines but didn't get covered on the world feed.
Then for a NASA story, so not UK-specific.
[-] The following 3 users Like dvboy's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, UTVLifer

I’ve dipped in and out through the day today and it just feels awkward. 

The titles are an awkward mash up of old graphics and new Chameleon logos. Whoever signed off on the 1, 6 being right aligned whilst everything else is centred needs a check up!

A flipper that doesn’t flip, graphics that overlay branding elements - it’s just poor. 

The opts just feel awkward too. “This is BBC News” then a 5 second pause with Yalda staring at the camera before she carries on. It just feels off. 

I get it. New fiscal year, reduced budgets. It had to be today. But I just wish they could have taken a little more time to polish it and get everything together and ready for it.
[-] The following 14 users Like Andy's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, freeaxe, itsrobert, James, Jeff, LDN, oscillon, Reith85, Richard H, Universal_r, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 07:55 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  The World feed has now left Yalda’s programme early. They’ve gone to a short edition of Click while the UK feed stays with Yalda.

It's 7th, and not final, showing of that bizarre Click report on disgusting worms and bugs. What exactly is the point of these fillers and were they always this repetitive (same show 10 times a day???)??
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, freeaxe, TVFan

No headlines to The Context, more of an "here's what's going on in the world/eye-opener" before going straight into the titles.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 7 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, excel99, oscillon, Superman1986, UTVLifer, watchingtv

Context is back, without opening presenter remarks, just clips from the headline events.

Longer animation between the headline clips as well.

Christian specifically mentioning two-hour long show at the start, despite the fact that this is the half-an-hour part (former OS) presumably still broadcast on PBS.

While Christian was speaking, the empty catwalk was shown, with headline items on the screens.
[Image: image.png]

No panel mentioned (yet).
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald

This is my first time posting, and I want to express my sympathies with the staff working at BBC news today. I’m sure this isn’t the product they envisioned, or wanted to be putting out, and I hope over the next few months they can work to deliver a better quality product. Whilst I think the move to consolidate the channels was short sighted, I really do think they can eventually make this work in some form, even if it looks unpolished at the minute.

The closest comparison I can find to today's NC output is France 24 which has a mix of international and French domestic news in their bulletins.

It really does feel like a World takeover of the NC with some token opt-outs as we saw this afternoon with the cupboard studio opt-out.

The UK version is basically a sub-opt of what was BBC World News and that's a shame.

If you like international news, great. If you want rolling UK news, Sky News it is.
[-] The following 8 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chevron, itsrobert, Jeff, Roger Darthwell, SomeRandomStuff, thevaran

(03-04-2023, 08:11 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The closest comparison I can find to today's NC output is France 24 which has a mix of international and French domestic news in their bulletins.

It really does feel like a World takeover of the NC with some token opt-outs as we saw this afternoon with the cupboard studio opt-out.

The UK version is basically a sub-opt of what was BBC World News and that's a shame.

If you like international news, great.  If you want rolling UK news, Sky News it is.

That is indeed the problem bbc news is no longer the go to place if you want to catch Uk news, if they wanted to be a world news service they should have launched it back in 1994 and no one would have bat an eyelid in 2023.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, SomeRandomStuff, xlalonce