BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Credit where credit's due: I do think Christian Fraser is excellent, and I'm pleased he still has a place on the merged channel, even if The Context feels quite bloated as a 2 hour programme.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reith85's post:
  • chrisherald, thePineapple

There is a sports bulletin now during The Context. I don’t think that’s happened before. Presumably it helps pad out the 2 hours.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, Plutobug, Superman1986

Speaking of BBC One bulletins, what was the original rationale behind simulcasting the 1/6/10 on the News Channel? Was it because they would be sharing the same studios?

(03-04-2023, 08:47 PM)SomeRandomStuff Wrote:  Lambie-Nairn would have probably hated everything the BBC has done to his news graphics in the last decade. Certainly the parts of the 2008 rebrand that are left are significantly better than anything that has come since.
Thing about dead people: We really don't know what they think. But I do get what you're coming from. I mean, the BBC really loves the "White" era so much, they're holding on to it within an inch of their life. But I just can't help believing that this current branding will give way to something much bigger. All-in-all, I wish that they have a full refresh soon.

"Please stand by for further details, as we return you now to your regularly scheduled program. Hopefully."
[-] The following 5 users Like Radiounion's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chaose, Superman1986, TVHead

(03-04-2023, 09:37 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Speaking of BBC One bulletins, what was the original rationale behind simulcasting the 1/6/10 on the News Channel? Was it because they would be sharing the same studios?
Those simulcasts began with a Ten O’clock News Hour on News 24. At that time N24 and bulletins are not sharing the same studio.

Then IIRC in mid 2000s there are some changes to editorial teams of three bulletins. The Six and Ten teams were merged and the One was handed to the News 24 team.
[-] The following 3 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 09:37 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Speaking of BBC One bulletins, what was the original rationale behind simulcasting the 1/6/10 on the News Channel? Was it because they would be sharing the same studios?
Cost saving. IIRC they started simulcasting the bulletins in 2006. At that stage BBC One were in N6 and News 24 were in N8, but obviously firing up one studio is cheaper than two which is why they chose to simulcast the bulletins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFTJA's post:
  • Rolling News

(03-04-2023, 09:43 PM)Frances Wrote:  
Those simulcasts began with a Ten O’clock News Hour on News 24. At that time N24 and bulletins are not sharing the same studio.

Then IIRC in mid 2000s there are some changes to editorial teams of three bulletins. The Six and Ten teams were merged and the One was handed to the News 24 team.

www.theguardian.com 

And “to create an hour long programme as there is fewer breaking news stories at that time of day”.

The picture was froze four times during the Nigel Lawson VT…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frances's post:
  • bilky asko

The World feed left The Context early for another short edition of Click while Huw Edwards did a promo for the News at 10 on the UK feed.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, Reith85

World opted out around 21:51 BST? Or what was that pause before Christian went to Nigel Lawson obit package?

In the second hour, BTW, they had a different panel than in the first one.