BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(04-04-2023, 02:30 AM)oscillon Wrote:  An unexpected feature to turn up during the 2am edition is - the panel, now of three.

The panel is expected to return in subsequent editions - Sumi said "We'll talk to you soon again" having spent more than half of the bulletin on their talking.

[Image: image.png]
I really hope that it is just a one or two-off due to the dominating theme, and not a pattern...

Also Sumi said that BBC will bring "the full live coverage from New York of Mr. Trump's appearance in court" on Tuesday.

There may not be anything to show if the judge disallows the hearing to be televised.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimbo2022's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, UTVLifer

(04-04-2023, 04:26 AM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  
(04-04-2023, 02:30 AM)oscillon Wrote:  An unexpected feature to turn up during the 2am edition is - the panel, now of three.

The panel is expected to return in subsequent editions - Sumi said "We'll talk to you soon again" having spent more than half of the bulletin on their talking.

I really hope that it is just a one or two-off due to the dominating theme, and not a pattern...

Also Sumi said that BBC will bring "the full live coverage from New York of Mr. Trump's appearance in court" on Tuesday.

There may not be anything to show if the judge disallows the hearing to be televised.

Judge already disallowed cameras, so it will be interesting what they will broadcast in the end (Trump arriving at the court & Trump leaving the court) and what role DC studio will play.

Final hour from Washington is without panel (at last), although it still had conversation with one remaining member of the panel and a repeat of an interview with a Republican congressman done during WNA. On the other hand, it also had a package on the day's events (previous DC bulletins had not) as well as live report from New York (this one was present throughout all bulletins).

Also, in 3am and 4am hours, Washington did not do half-hour headlines.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(04-04-2023, 02:03 AM)oscillon Wrote:  And... Sumi is back in a DC red-lit studio, with a generic BBC News branding and a fast intro seen previously in Studio C with Lucy!

She is the only one who did a PBS name check at the start: "Live from Washington, This is BBC News. Welcome to our viewers on PBS in America."
Christian Fraser also did acknowledge PBS viewers at 8pm hour, but at :25 when he said goodbye to them.

As far as I can see, DOG is standard, no peculiarities so far.

(04-04-2023, 01:50 AM)InternationalDesk Wrote:  Could this mean Singapore-produced live programs are no longer considered OBs?
I think the original plan was to switch fully overnight production of the combined channel to Singapore and Washington.

Not gonna lie, that looks beautiful.

Old intro used for Victoria Valentine's 5a shift  Rolleyes

0500 is back in C... with old titles... more inconsistency whoooo!
[Image: a30671d67c899ca1aa89d3ae372f08d7.png]
[Image: db0291526046a41add5b2d34148336a1.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

(03-04-2023, 08:19 PM)Frances Wrote:  So here’re presentation elements each gallery is using…

B: Chameleon bulletin titles with location names in grey
C: Chameleon generic titles with location names in black; Chameleon blip
E: Chameleon bulletin titles with grey location names, trundle cam and long domestic theme; old World titles; old sting
Unknown (Probably A?): Chameleon blip with some errors

And outside the bulletins, the flipper only had headlines during 09:00–09:03, 10:00–10:03 and 11:45-11:55, all generated by Studio E gallery. What the hell is going on there?
So I’m wrong… 5am still comes from Studio C but with the old World intro!
[-] The following 2 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

(04-04-2023, 04:59 AM)damian Wrote:  Not gonna lie, that looks beautiful.

It is gorgeous! Such a pity that much of the bulletins were devoted to panel and its opinions, other news had only about 6-7 minutes to squeeze in.

Studio C is still capable of generating old (classic) World headlines even if the background is new - they just did it at 5am.

BBC iPlayer retrospectively realized that yesterday there was indeed a two-hour-long Context, so the recording that was put on iPlayer marks the first time since the launch of a new channel that existence of Context on it is acknowledged.

The rest of the week's schedule was not affected. BBC Schedules also remained untouched by the move, proudly displaying "BBC News" in 2000-2200 slots for yesterday and the whole week.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, xlalonce

There’s another inconsistency - those newscasts using the new Chameleon titles with the shortened domestic music still end with the World closing theme.

And the 2am hour began with the new titles but concluded with the old one. They are two different globes.

The UK feed is still airing old promos
[Image: 37aee2c7c555289eba349fe41ef8b05e.png]
[Image: 10a6d5876362a4949f176ee78817f392.png]
For some stubborn reason the 0530 half hour is STILL branded as "BBC News" instead of WBR, despite the World feed airs a ident introducing WBR before the programme:
[Image: adbfa58f0da7eb2a3f7737171cd30cc2.png]
Nothing new on Breakfast too, still old box... Well I guess it's fair to say we're gonna see a mix and match of utter inconsistency in the next few months~
[Image: f96b0b7411f61c95c4adf0dec2cb2040.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

I've avoided much of this new channel today because I didn't want to waste time on endless speculation of that trial. But just watching the samples on this thread... wow. Just wow. I would like to believe it's intentional. If you make it so excruciatingly bad, hopefully BBC management are forced to reverse their awful decision.
[-] The following 10 users Like Independent's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ittr, MLehon, Newsroom, oscillon, SomeRandomStuff, tvwatcher, UTVLifer