BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Presenters we've seen so far on the channel:

MAIN: Lucy, Matthew, Yalda, Christian, Maryam, Karishma, Sumi S
OTHERS: Ben Thompson, Victoria V, Lewis Vaughan Jones, Samantha Simmonds

Have I missed anyone?

(04-04-2023, 09:11 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  I was just reading The Guardian piece in Jack Seale about the coverage of Trump on BBC News. I found another link to another piece written by Jane Martinson contained within it.

It has the bruising title "The BBC News Channel revamp has been a PR disaster. But it makes perfect sense".

www.theguardian.com 
It says it’s primarily funded by the license fee that can’t be right surely

And another glaring error-they have finally updated the listings to Add the Context but have forgotten that it doesn't air on Friday's! www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

(04-04-2023, 09:24 PM)harshy Wrote:  It says it’s primarily funded by the license fee that can’t be right surely
No, only about a third of funding is coming from the licence fee. It's a mistake, though given how opaque the BBC have previously been about BBC World News finances and more recently about details behind the new channel, it's not surprising the amount of assumptions that get made.

I tried to watch the BBC (World) News coverage of the Trump hearing, but in the end I ended up switching for analysis from Sky News who had decent coverage as I felt Yalda and her experts were going through the motions.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(04-04-2023, 09:27 PM)News76 Wrote:  And another glaring error-they have finally updated the listings to Add the Context but have forgotten that it doesn't air on Friday's! www.bbc.co.uk 

Or they extended the Context to Fridays as well, who knows. Did we hear confirmation that it is Mon-Thu?

World feed schedules now also have The Context, although only for today - neither yesterday's mistake was corrected, nor did Context appear in the listings tomorrow or later. iPlayer goes the way of UK schedules.

I'd just like to say thanks for all the messages I received in the build up to this launch for the info I was able to share. 

I actually left the BBC a few weeks ago in this round of (voluntary) redundancies as a direct result of these cuts/changes, so I've been watching from home and reminiscing about the channels from a few years ago. Such a shame where we've ended up and there will be editorial difficulties ahead when deciding what to cover on what outlets.

Will probably post less now but will still be here watching and reading.

Mic drop.

(04-04-2023, 10:00 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  I'd just like to say thanks for all the messages I received in the build up to this launch for the info I was able to share. 

I actually left the BBC a few weeks ago in this round of (voluntary) redundancies as a direct result of these cuts/changes, so I've been watching from home and reminiscing about the channels from a few years ago. Such a shame where we've ended up and there will be editorial difficulties ahead when deciding what to cover on what outlets.

Mic drop.

Nevertheless I want to thank you for your service and all of the valuable info that you have shared with us
[-] The following 6 users Like Roger Darthwell's post:
  • AJB39, bakamann, bkman1990, Jimbo2022, UTVLifer, xlalonce

It appears that Marianna Spring today was doing her report about Trump misinformation campaigns not from their brand new fact checking hub but from the newsroom monitor that was heavily occupied while waiting for yesterday's court sentencing.
[Image: image.png]
Also it appears that World is continuing with Sumi from DC, with DTL reporters and packages, throughout the 10pm hour even as PBS simulcast time ended.

(04-04-2023, 10:00 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  I'd just like to say thanks for all the messages I received in the build up to this launch for the info I was able to share. 

Mic drop.
Thank you so much for your insides. Sorry to hear about your redundancy.
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jimbo2022, Quantum+83, tvwatcher

NC just cut the Ten's weather forecast mid-sentence for a few seconds of the countdown before Newsnight.
[-] The following 3 users Like dvboy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, poppydog