BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(10-04-2023, 10:25 AM)damian Wrote:  Lazy BbeC
……………….

Ha, so Lukwesa Burak is still with the channel, at least for now. (I assume it was 7-9 am slot as Lucy Grey was on air at 9.) Earlier there were suggestions that she moved to the radio.

UPD. Lukwesa also just did lunchtime 1pm network bulletin (as today still some weekend arrangements apply).
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald

(10-04-2023, 10:37 AM)oscillon Wrote:  
……………….

Ha, so Lukwesa Burak is still with the channel, at least for now. (I assume it was 7-9 am slot as Lucy Grey was on air at 9.) Earlier there were suggestions that she moved to the radio.

UPD. Lukwesa also just did lunchtime 1pm network bulletin (as today still some weekend arrangements apply).
It was branded a '1' bulletin, or rather the 1 titles were used.

(10-04-2023, 10:37 AM)oscillon Wrote:  
……………….

Yup. Weirdly now they have three BBC News-branded business bulletins between 5-8a BST and Lukwesa actually appeared for only an hour during her 2-hour 7-9a shift... why not merging 5-7a and 7-9a to a single shift while having 6-hour shifts from Washington every weekend?

(10-04-2023, 03:15 PM)InternationalDesk Wrote:  Yup. Weirdly now they have three BBC News-branded business bulletins between 5-8a BST and Lukwesa actually appeared for only an hour during her 2-hour 7-9a shift... why not merging 5-7a and 7-9a to a single shift while having 6-hour shifts from Washington every weekend?

The 7-9a presenter is also responsible for the UK breaking news opt (and the 1345-1400 UK opt) for the rest of the day until 2300. Presumably the shift is reduced to 2 hours so that they won't overwork....

(10-04-2023, 04:04 PM)ALV Wrote:  
(10-04-2023, 03:15 PM)InternationalDesk Wrote:  Yup. Weirdly now they have three BBC News-branded business bulletins between 5-8a BST and Lukwesa actually appeared for only an hour during her 2-hour 7-9a shift... why not merging 5-7a and 7-9a to a single shift while having 6-hour shifts from Washington every weekend?

The 7-9a presenter is also responsible for the UK breaking news opt (and the 1345-1400 UK opt) for the rest of the day until 2300. Presumably the shift is reduced to 2 hours so that they won't overwork....

Surely this is nonsense? There’s no way that one presenter is potentially on the hook for a 16 hour shift!
[-] The following 6 users Like Critique's post:
  • bkman1990, chris, GMc, Jayesyn, Jeff, thevaran

(10-04-2023, 04:04 PM)ALV Wrote:  

I suppose you think that I meant 5-9 presenter does the UK opt out all day? That would be wayyyyyy too much, even for someone who's a workaholic.

They could reduce the amount of work by leaving one presenter handling the full 5-9 block, the UK opt presenter could be around from 9 when the ability to opt-out is on. They could do the One on the UK feed only and no other blocks for them if there is no domestic stories breaking. That way they would have less work.

One other option is to leave the One and the UK breaking opt to the 9-12 block presenter. That block is usually domestic-lead (World's dead hours) so no need to opt out. Besides, the World feed has HARDtalk for the 1030 half-hour while the UK feed does domestic stories. I don't think it would impact the channel that bad, editorially.
[-] The following 1 user Likes InternationalDesk's post:
  • Independent

It’s 6:30 and it’s a BBC One bulletin from Studio B but the flipper is flipping between the HEADLINES tag and… a bbc.com/news URL, which is for international viewers…

[Image: 1681148436_993298607.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like Frances's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Superman1986, thomalex, UTVLifer

The cut between the presenter in the box and full screen is very jarring. They need to do more of the wipes which Outside Source used successfully.

youtu.be 

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, LargelyALurker

Nice to see Ben Thompson on The Context tonight. I feel like we haven’t seen much of him on World ever since he went off to his Breakfast duties. I hope we get to see more of him.

(10-04-2023, 09:04 PM)Charles Wrote:  Nice to see Ben Thompson on The Context tonight. I feel like we haven’t seen much of him on World ever since he went off to his Breakfast duties. I hope we get to see more of him.
He was on a couple of times last week, too (most notably the first shift of the new 'BBC News' channel).
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Reith85