BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(12-04-2023, 12:50 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  thats not the first time that's happened, im sure it will happen again lol

I dont understand why the NI Newsline studio is even a source in the news gallery tho? Wont that be specific to BBC 1 NI?

And now Biden is up but he is out of sync with the audio. Good job BBC, brilliant day so far.
[-] The following 2 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, TJTSW

(12-04-2023, 12:45 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  so what will they do at 1pm? if the speach over runs? will they leave it running or cut to the 1pm news anythings possible with the News Channel

I doubt they'll hit the News at One junction given that Biden has only just started speaking
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • TJTSW

they must be using  BBC NI as a base for the gallery?

The flipper stopped fliping and gone back to bbc.co.uk/news  but it beats using bbc.com/news, which was in use earlier

(12-04-2023, 12:32 PM)South Wrote:  I think it's safe to say they are using the Flipper differently from how it has been  used previously its now stating coming up:
and flipping to Biden in Belfast.

If they are going to use it in this way going forward there needs to be a total reassessment of on screen furniture as there is so much picture space which is now wasted.
Previously they said they’re going to ditch it because it’s too small on a smartphone…

So much for the reduced service they aimed to provide. We currently have 3 separate operations running on the presidential visit. BBC News Channel Feed, BBC News at One & BBC NI Special Coverage, all at once.

Simply proved it themselves, this operation does not work.
[-] The following 8 users Like radiorebel's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Ittr, London Lite, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(12-04-2023, 01:12 PM)South Wrote:  Previously they said they’re going to ditch it because it’s too small on a smartphone…

They realized that after almost FOUR YEARS !

One thing I like about the new channel is…

“LIVE from London, THIS is BBC News”

If anything it has the potential to counter the London-centric criticism if it’s used to highlight the other locations that they now broadcast from.

But in order to do that they need to use the same wording for each location…

“LIVE from Washington, THIS is BBC News”
“LIVE from Singapore, THIS is BBC News”

…and today…

“LIVE from Belfast, THIS is BBC News”

But if a memo has been sent out, they’ve not got it. Lucy has just started with…

“This is BBC News, LIVE from Belfast”

And yes, I’m asking for consistency which I’m more than aware isn’t the BBC’s strong point!

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 10 users Like Moz's post:
  • AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, AverageOrangeTurnip, bkman1990, chrisherald, Independent, Jeff, London Lite, thomash79, UTVLifer

(12-04-2023, 01:30 PM)Tsigriwa Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 01:12 PM)South Wrote:  Previously they said they’re going to ditch it because it’s too small on a smartphone…

They realized that after almost FOUR YEARS !
Saying it’s too small for a smartphone is nonsense, most smartphones have a better resolution than most TVs and they are held a lot closer to the face.
[-] The following 10 users Like whistlerpro's post:
  • aaron_scotland, bkman1990, chris, chrisherald, Frances, Jamesypoo, Juicy Joe, London Lite, Stuart, UTVLifer

(12-04-2023, 01:25 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  So much for the reduced service they aimed to provide. We currently have 3 separate operations running on the presidential visit. BBC News Channel Feed, BBC News at One & BBC NI Special Coverage, all at once.

Simply proved it themselves, this operation does not work.

Surely this proves it is working as intended. If it was not working, what you describe above would not be possibe. The whole idea was that they could operate differently if there was breaking news etc.
[-] The following 5 users Like Former Member 237's post:
  • bkman1990, cando, freeaxe, Jeff, thePineapple

(12-04-2023, 02:33 PM)whistlerpro Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 01:30 PM)Tsigriwa Wrote:  They realized that after almost FOUR YEARS !
Saying it’s too small for a smartphone is nonsense, most smartphones have a better resolution than most TVs and they are held a lot closer to the face.

It’s not the resolution, it’s the physical size. The ticker is tiny on a smart phone.