BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(15-04-2023, 11:34 AM)JReith85 Wrote:  
(15-04-2023, 10:52 AM)harshy Wrote:  Someone pressed the button too early and they seemed they couldn’t even get rid of the flipper just the norm with this new news channel, you don’t know what to expect other then adding to the mounting bloopers reel.
Maybe the channel needs renaming as BBC News Bloopers. 

Then again, they probably can't afford a new title card for that name change.
Don’t give them ideas, they would probably squeeze the word ‘Blooper’ inside the globe on the right.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Ittr, LargelyALurker, Reith85

(15-04-2023, 10:42 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  This confuses me. If I've followed correctly that contributor is appearing on Breakfast but the aston is being opt from London? Hence overlaying over the Breakfast graphics.

The aston is from Salford - you can see the Breakfast bug behind the flipper. The bug animates when the aston is cued.

At around 0957 every morning, the UK feed switches TX from Salford to Studio C (or E on weekdays). Studio C will then be relaying Salford's Breakfast feed output on the output until the outro. This allows them to fade into the countdown after the outro rather than a sharp cut.

In this case this morning they forgot to take off the ticker when cuing up Breakfast feed in Studio C, so you saw it pop up. The flipper is from Studio C, the aston is from Salford.
[-] The following 5 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, Reith85, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(15-04-2023, 12:57 PM)ALV Wrote:  
(15-04-2023, 10:42 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  This confuses me. If I've followed correctly that contributor is appearing on Breakfast but the aston is being opt from London? Hence overlaying over the Breakfast graphics.

The aston is from Salford - you can see the Breakfast bug behind the flipper. The bug animates when the aston is cued.

At around 0957 every morning, the UK feed switches TX from Salford to Studio C (or E on weekdays). Studio C will then be relaying Salford's Breakfast feed output on the output until the outro. This allows them to fade into the countdown after the outro rather than a sharp cut.

In this case this morning they forgot to take off the ticker when cuing up Breakfast feed in Studio C, so you saw it pop up. The flipper is from Studio C, the aston is from Salford.

Thanks. I forgot that the BBC News bit would appear when just the ticker is on.

I know that we would like a rebrand of the titles but after seeing the titles of the branded programmes (like The Context) i think that they should stay with the LN 2008 ones.

Still, they should fix the placement of the new logo which looks wrong. And i also would change the countdown back like before. It doesn t make sense a countdown focused on reporters which are obscured by a giant number.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lec_Ver16's post:
  • chrisherald

(15-04-2023, 04:28 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:   And i also would change the countdown back like before. It doesn t make sense a countdown focused on reporters which are obscured by a giant number.

Oddly I’ve got used to that now and think it looks ok.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • chrisherald, Rolling News, thePineapple

(15-04-2023, 04:37 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(15-04-2023, 04:28 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:   And i also would change the countdown back like before. It doesn t make sense a countdown focused on reporters which are obscured by a giant number.

Oddly I’ve got used to that now and think it looks ok.
I think the countdown is the least of our worries. At least it matches Chameleon - which is more than can be said for most of the rest of BBC News!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • chrisherald, James

Do presenters only control their own auto cue on certain shifts? Lukwesa seemed to be controlling her own auto cue all afternoon, but now from 1900 BST Frankie McCamley doesn’t appear to be doing the same.

(15-04-2023, 07:03 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Do presenters only control their own auto cue on certain shifts? Lukwesa seemed to be controlling her own auto cue all afternoon, but now from 1900 BST Frankie McCamley doesn’t appear to be doing the same.

Think somebody mentioned on here they have the choice of the handheld controller or foot pedal one… maybe that’s the difference?

Some have foot pedals and some have hand controls, just down to presenter preference I believe.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(15-04-2023, 07:03 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Do presenters only control their own auto cue on certain shifts? Lukwesa seemed to be controlling her own auto cue all afternoon, but now from 1900 BST Frankie McCamley doesn’t appear to be doing the same.
I believe Frankie is using a foot controller.

Didn’t tune in today… When did they change the flipper again? At this hour it showed the website at the beginning but now it’s looping between the FOLLOW US tag and Twitter accounts.

But it’s also shown on the international feed, as the @BBCNews account is dedicated for UK news and the iPlayer is not available outside the UK…

[Image: 1681582339_203641730.png]

[Image: 1681582338_1568581792.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, freeaxe