BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(17-04-2023, 12:50 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(17-04-2023, 12:21 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  During the Nicky Campbell show did the World feed continue with the hybrid of World / UK Domestic news or did it go back to World news only?  Did they take the Prime Minister speech for example?

The 10-11am hour was 100% world news.  Stories included the sentencing of a Putin critic in Moscow and part of a speech by Hillary Clinton in Belfast, but no UK domestic stories.
This is obviously why it's being done - for the benefit of World's audience. We, the licence fee payers, are now the poor relation.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • interestednovice, itsrobert

(17-04-2023, 12:31 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  
(17-04-2023, 11:06 AM)harshy Wrote:  I have noticed the news channel isn’t get promoted at all like trailers for click or any indeed other show always end up as you can watch on iplayer no mention at all off the news channel, they are trying to put the channel out to pasture.
Looks like that the merger is not enough for them, now they definitely want to close it........
This is definitely not what has happened here - the iPlayer first thing is increasingly common across television promos and, to be quite frank, if you are somebody really interested in watching programmes like Click, it'd make sense to watch them on iPlayer rather than the fairly odd times they are shown at weekends and overnights.

I'm also not sure where this idea of an executive conspiracy against the News channel has come from. News has long been something of an executive's darling and, until this time last year, the News channel was one of two national BBC channels/stations to have had a real-term increase in budget over the previous decade. It's hardly been treated badly over the years and, if they really wanted to close it now, I'm sure they'd have simply closed it rather than go through a highly convoluted merger-with-the-intent-of-failure scheme that was reliant on creating a public backlash that has not materialised.

I just don’t understand the inconsistency of these titles there is no logic other then if it’s Lucy’s hours it get the new butchered chameleon titles or if it’s network news or if it’s overnight from Washington
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, mashumarusero

(17-04-2023, 03:03 PM)harshy Wrote:  I just don’t understand the inconsistency of these titles there is no logic other then if it’s Lucy’s hours it get the new butchered chameleon titles or if it’s network news or if it’s overnight from Washington
Apparently it is because, for some unfathomable reason, Studio E's gallery doesn't have a copy of the new titles. Studios B and C, and BBC Washington do have them. Lucy's shift is the only one that comes from C, hence why it gets 'special treatment'.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(17-04-2023, 03:09 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(17-04-2023, 03:03 PM)harshy Wrote:  I just don’t understand the inconsistency of these titles there is no logic other then if it’s Lucy’s hours it get the new butchered chameleon titles or if it’s network news or if it’s overnight from Washington
Apparently it is because, for some unfathomable reason, Studio E's gallery doesn't have a copy of the new titles. Studios B and C, and BBC Washington do have them. Lucy's shift is the only one that comes from C, hence why it gets 'special treatment'.
But that logic doesn't add up as weekends and the early mornings come from C and use the old titles.
[-] The following 5 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, interestednovice, Ittr, Kojak

(17-04-2023, 11:53 AM)ALV Wrote:  The sport bulletin at 1145 took a live feed of the World Snooker Championship from BBC Two briefly... Does the BBC have the rights to show it because it's also on the international feed...

IIRC they rarely take live feeds from tournaments on WN's Sport Today before the merger due to rights issues, though it was pretty common during Sportsday and the sport bulletins on the NC since it's UK only.

[Image: 90eb7dfa05d46a56573822163b81f8e1.png]
Yes they can show live footage of an event which BBC Sport is a broadcast rights holder.

And also, as I mentioned last week, for the benefit of the international audience, they can now show footage of a non-BBC televised sporting event accrediting the UK broadcaster of the event and the rights holder (for example, last Saturday's Grand National footage was "courtesy of ITV Sport/HRA".

Also, Washington titles have a very loud, explosive sound, which I really like, while London Studio C sound is normal. Not sure if anyone else noticed this.

From what I've seen of the radio show on TV, it looks visually good. Same quality you get on franceinfo: on TV when they are simulcasting their radio shows. Whether it's the right radio show to simulcast though is another question.
[-] The following 5 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, London Lite, Marcos, Roger Darthwell

(17-04-2023, 03:35 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Also, Washington titles have a very loud, explosive sound, which I really like, while London Studio C sound is normal. Not sure if anyone else noticed this.

I am guessing Washington don’t have the titles it’s played in from studio C?
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer

If the point of the Nicky Campbell simulcast is to increase UK content on the news channel, why don’t they show the World bulletins on BBC2?
[-] The following 5 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, mokked, thevaran, woodnorton