BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Is the UK feed with World now or are you having a continuous opt out today?

Having watched quite a bit of BBC News since the merger, Matthew Amroliwala has really impressed me. Not seen him properly since he moved to World and he’s brilliant at breaking news. Also, Yalda seems really fed up and doesn’t want to be there. Or is this her normal delivery?
[-] The following 7 users Like Chud's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, JamesWorldNews, thePineapple, UTVLifer

They spelt Dominic Raab’s name wrong on the aston after doing a push notification to the app to watch the interview.

That, plus what’s with the big graphic when the entire lower third already says it’s the BBC?

[Image: IMG-1634.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer

I am guessing it was tested on a smartphone if it’s not readable there it’s not big enough
[-] The following 13 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, interestednovice, Ittr, Jeff, MasterOogway_24, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Ste, SuperSajuuk, Universal_r, UTVLifer

(21-04-2023, 05:29 PM)harshy Wrote:  I am guessing it was tested on a smartphone if it’s not readable there it’s not big enough

LOL!

It looks ridiculous! Whatever next!
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice

They're far from the only broadcaster to do this with important interviews. The massive triple logo-ing from ITV with the partygate photographs spring to mind. It's probably primarily for the online clips to make sure it's on-screen when/if other broadcasters show it.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
[-] The following 6 users Like alfiejmulcahy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, Joe, Quantum+83

(21-04-2023, 05:44 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  They're far from the only broadcaster to do this with important interviews. The massive triple logo-ing from ITV with the partygate photographs spring to mind. It's probably primarily for the online clips to make sure it's on-screen when/if other broadcasters show it.
Australian broadcasters are the worst for this. I once saw a clip that had a row of translucent Channel 7 logos across the middle of the screen. Looked about as awful as you'd imagine.

Even non-pres geeks are noticing how bad the new news channel is. A couple of choice comments from Reddit earlier today:

Quote:More about the new BBC News system than Raab but it seems like a shambles. Watching BBC News just stream Nicky Campbell on Radio 5 Live which itself seems cheap (sorry Nicky) and then a shocking cut to the ‘real’ news feed, cutting into the correspondent mid sentence. Putting aside the whole “bbc bias” arguments, it was always a top notch in terms of production, but this is just disappointing.

Quote:It really annoys me that they've put a radio call in on the news channel.

I know there has been cuts but I can't imagine that they are sending 5 live out on world news, so why can't they just put the world news coverage on the UK channel?

It's still a big downgrade but it would be far better to have actual news, even if it has a focus to a more global audience (arguably this could be something the British public rather need), than two hours of random people's opinions.
Food for thought, eh?
[-] The following 6 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Independent, interestednovice, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(21-04-2023, 05:08 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  They spelt Dominic Raab’s name wrong on the aston after doing a push notification to the app to watch the interview.

That, plus what’s with the big graphic when the entire lower third already says it’s the BBC?

[Image: IMG-1634.png]

Just needs the old logo on there somewhere to top it off  Big Grin
[-] The following 9 users Like thomalex's post:
  • agentsquash, bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice, Ittr, Quantum+83, Spencer, UTVLifer, Will

What an embarrassment of a channel. Amateurish in the extreme. Sky News has a fraction of the budget that BBC News has yet it produces slick rolling news serving UK viewers 24/7, 365 days a year.

BBC News? Reduced to this farce of a channel with no hint of pride in its output.
[-] The following 13 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice, itsrobert, James2001, Juicy Joe, Newsroom, Nige, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, SuperSajuuk, Will

(21-04-2023, 01:58 PM)LTNewslover Wrote:  see the attachment responding to my earlier message.

They also updated the Six logo on the website (schedules and iPlayer), while 1 and 10 still have their old logos.

[Image: p0fj0hp3.jpg]

I wonder whether this reflects how the recreated Lambie-Narn will eventually look, with BBC News again on the left. (With the position of the globe as above, Chameleon again might not work well although it'd do better than with the current one as the globe is more vertically centered.)
[-] The following 12 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, LDN, LTNewslover, Quantum+83, seenee, Superman1986, UTVLifer