BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(23-04-2023, 09:23 PM)CATV Wrote:  Isn't that the normal desk in Studio B with an added front panel?
Yes, it would appear that the 'end' of the desk is removable to allow an extension to be added to create a full semi-circle. As with the desks in the 2012/13 sets, I would imagine the 'core' of the desk in B is built into the set and effectively irremovable - they've clearly thought ahead and it's a lot more seamless that the odd mini-desk extension that Belfast have.

That said, it does seem a little bit unnecessary to me sizewise - Sunday with LK has already demonstrated that you can fit three guests to the presenter's left and there's clearly room for at least one correspondent on the presenter's right, which is all you'd usually have for a local election - so I assume it is there for a bit of symmetry and to allow the election front panel to 'fit in' better. Though, it does seem a bit premature to have that front panel on the desk already, especially considering the limited coverage that local elections get in network bulletins.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83

Yes maybe if the desk has lots of removable parts, maybe the election logo on the front could be one of them

I’m sure they could adequately rehearse election night without the logo on the front!
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald

(23-04-2023, 10:21 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Yes maybe if the desk has lots of removable parts, maybe the election logo on the front could be one of them

I’m sure they could adequately rehearse election night without the logo on the front!

I'm pretty sure the additional election panel has a bank of monitors on the back, so it does serve a functional purpose.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
[-] The following 3 users Like alfiejmulcahy's post:
  • bkman1990, cando, Quantum+83

I thought I’d share this as it was interesting getting the opinion of people who aren’t interested in the way we are plus some of it was amusing

I had the coverage of the alert on after getting the breaking news notification and was curious how they were going to fill the time. My housemate came into living room and asked what I was watching. Will point out he is in no way a regular news watcher, he’ll sometimes watch a bit when I do and he’s not into “presentation”. When the new bbc logo came out he asked why they’re were using a bit very good copy!

Within 5 mins I could see he had a confused look on his face so asked what was wrong. His words were along the lines of it kind of looks like bbc news but where’s all that stuff gone on the screen (ticker info); do they think we’re stupid (the one line headline); is this mock/comedy version (he honestly thought it was because the spent so long on it and the interviews with the public.)

I explained about the changes to which he replied it now made sense what his mum was talking about. She sadly has a disability which means she can sometimes struggle to articulate what she means. Shed been confused about why the news had changed and couldn’t understand why she wasn’t seeing what she used to see. She apparently said has turned it over.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 6 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, Quantum+83, whistlerpro

Ah, here we are: a kind soul (not me!) posted a video on Twitter of the moment of the emergency alert on BBC News in all its glory. 

twitter.com  

Still, at least a few people in the replies to that tweet saw the funny side...!  Big Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like LDN's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, EastCoast, Plutobug, UTVLifer

Most of the desk shots during the 10 remain, although the table extension now occupies the front part of them

[Image: image.png]
Wonder if a closer shot with just Huw and the monolith remains possible...
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Plutobug, Quantum+83

Huw on a Sunday? Is that normal?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • Plutobug

(24-04-2023, 02:12 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Huw on a Sunday? Is that normal?

He now does Sundays (both 10 and teatime) once in several weeks, so yes.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • Plutobug, UTVLifer

The main shot with the newsroom image behind looked much better. Didn’t seem as starkly lit for some reason.

(24-04-2023, 12:29 AM)oscillon Wrote:  Most of the desk shots during the 10 remain, although the table extension now occupies the front part of them

Wonder if a closer shot with just Huw and the monolith remains possible...
The position of the camera tracks haven't changed, so there is no reason why that shot can't still be achieved.  The dais for the desk is still the same size.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon