BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Meanwhile Maryam Moshiri got her own name checked Context intro!

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, Quantum+83

(25-04-2023, 08:41 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Meanwhile Maryam Moshiri got her own name checked Context intro!

Might just be that I swallowed the style guide of the place I work, but should With be capitalised? Always looks a bit amateurish to me to capitalise each word.
[-] The following 9 users Like whistlerpro's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, Jayesyn, LDN, Quantum+83, thevaran, UTVLifer

(25-04-2023, 08:41 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Meanwhile Maryam Moshiri got her own name checked Context intro!

I would assume that any strands that are to be launched in the future would also have Maryam’s name on their title sequence. Might be related to the fact that she’s one of the five chief presenters of the channel?
[-] The following 2 users Like InternationalDesk's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Is it live generated the text maybe they could put any name on it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

Out of the 5 chief presenters, wasn't it the case that Maryam is to be relief for each of the strands? If so, I'd assume that's why, as she's going to appear fairly often across each of the programmes.
[-] The following 5 users Like newsdesk's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, Rolling News, UTVLifer

If there’s a positive to come from this, it’s seeing presenters in their own fixed slots again, for the first time in years.
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, ginnyfan, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(25-04-2023, 08:12 PM)cityprod Wrote:  If they want to up the UK news content on the channel, they should do the equivalent of what RTE News do with Nuacht, they should air S4C's Newyddion, BBC Alba's An La, and BBC Scotland's The Nine.
A simulcast of The Nine on the UK feed:

[*]high quality UK news content
[*]not London-centric
[*]no additional costs
[*]high production values for TV

That's four boxes checked.
Putting a (subtitled?) Welsh or Gaelic bulletin rerun at 10:30 pm would be unique content as Sky, GB or Talk won't do such programming. An additional box checked. And no weird transition for UK viewers during Newsday that's also weird for World viewers.
[-] The following 14 users Like Independent's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, Frances, Jayesyn, Jeff, justinh, London Lite, PatrZDZ, Quantum+83, QuinnTFP, Stuart, woodnorton, xlalonce

(25-04-2023, 08:46 PM)whistlerpro Wrote:  

Might just be that I swallowed the style guide of the place I work, but should With be capitalised? Always looks a bit amateurish to me to capitalise each word.
Infinitely better than the abbreviation "w/” which I've seen on some US news programmes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83, whistlerpro

(26-04-2023, 03:40 AM)Independent Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 08:12 PM)cityprod Wrote:  If they want to up the UK news content on the channel, they should do the equivalent of what RTE News do with Nuacht, they should air S4C's Newyddion, BBC Alba's An La, and BBC Scotland's The Nine.
A simulcast of The Nine on the UK feed:

[*]high quality UK news content
[*]not London-centric
[*]no additional costs
[*]high production values for TV

That's four boxes checked.
Putting a (subtitled?) Welsh or Gaelic bulletin rerun at 10:30 pm would be unique content as Sky, GB or Talk won't do such programming. An additional box checked. And no weird transition for UK viewers during Newsday that's also weird for World viewers.

I've watched The Nine occasionally from London, and at most I have spent nine days in Scotland so no ties to it, and I think as a bulletin it seems one of the best in presentation and production values, so that would be a yes from me.
[-] The following 10 users Like woodnorton's post:
  • AndrewP, BBI45, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Independent, Jayesyn, Jeff, Quantum+83, QuinnTFP

The Nine maybe, but come on, An Là and Newyddion, really?

The demand for news in Welsh and Gaelic outside their respective nations, even subtitled, must be next to nil.
[-] The following 9 users Like Spencer's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, DTV, Jayesyn, Jeff, Jon, LDN, Stuart, Transmission