BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(26-04-2023, 01:32 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  
(26-04-2023, 12:52 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The demand in Wales and Scotland likely isn't particularly high either.
In what way it's not particularly high? They are making an important public service for the Welsh and Scottish Gaelic language speakers
They are an important public service, but the average main evening edition of Newyddion gets around 20-30k viewers - which, while proportionally roughly in line with the audience for the BBC News at Ten, is less than a quarter of the viewing figures that the BBC News channel gets in that slot or the main 18:30 edition of Look North (Hull). It's still a small audience.

Assuming the same ratio of Network:NC viewers as the News at Six gets, a live simulcast of Newyddion could expect a mighty audience of about 600 News channel viewers.
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

Moving on...

As much as I have criticised the new channel in recent weeks, I must say I am impressed with today's Sudan coverage. Multiple correspondents doing multiple lives from multiple locations, and lots of interviews with bystanders - this is what BBC (World) News does best, and what rolling news should be.
[-] The following 12 users Like Kojak's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, cando, Frances, Independent, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Reith85, Stuart, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(26-04-2023, 03:18 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Moving on...

As much as I have criticised the new channel in recent weeks, I must say I am impressed with today's Sudan coverage. Multiple correspondents doing multiple lives from multiple locations, and lots of interviews with bystanders - this is what BBC (World) News does best, and what rolling news should be.

Yes agree. What id like to see an improvement on is the studio j sound. I find it really hard to listen with all the background noise. Today with Samantha Simmonds at 13.45 was particularly loud.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, whistlerpro

(26-04-2023, 03:45 PM)Chud Wrote:  

Yes agree. What id like to see an improvement on is the studio j sound. I find it really hard to listen with all the background noise. Today with Samantha Simmonds at 13.45 was particularly loud.

Although I am reluctant to accept what's happened to the 'up in the air anchors' - LVJ is very good at anchoring on location, but then so were the others...  I would assume he's one of the pres/correspondents they've hired without making it public knowledge.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak, Quantum+83

(26-04-2023, 04:08 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(26-04-2023, 03:45 PM)Chud Wrote:  Yes agree. What id like to see an improvement on is the studio j sound. I find it really hard to listen with all the background noise. Today with Samantha Simmonds at 13.45 was particularly loud.

Although I am reluctant to accept what's happened to the 'up in the air anchors' - LVJ is very good at anchoring on location, but then so were the others...  I would assume he's one of the pres/correspondents they've hired without making it public knowledge.

I would hazard a guess at Nancy Kacungira too.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, Quantum+83

(26-04-2023, 04:11 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(26-04-2023, 04:08 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Although I am reluctant to accept what's happened to the 'up in the air anchors' - LVJ is very good at anchoring on location, but then so were the others...  I would assume he's one of the pres/correspondents they've hired without making it public knowledge.

I would hazard a guess at Nancy Kacungira too.
I think she’s doing a great job at presenting and reporting, great all rounder. She’s  got a great tone to voice that’s really clear too.
[-] The following 6 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Independent, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Rolling News

twitter.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, London Lite, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News

(26-04-2023, 07:55 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  twitter.com 
He says that every day at 5 though because the back half hour is UK only due to Focus On Africa been on the World feed at 5.30 pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • chrisherald

(26-04-2023, 03:45 PM)Chud Wrote:  

That’s the Uk feed though world viewers don’t get a presenter in front of a telly screen that’s reserved for the license fee payers.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, Ste

(26-04-2023, 09:12 PM)harshy Wrote:  
(26-04-2023, 03:45 PM)Chud Wrote:  Yes agree. What id like to see an improvement on is the studio j sound. I find it really hard to listen with all the background noise. Today with Samantha Simmonds at 13.45 was particularly loud.

That’s the Uk feed though world viewers don’t get a presenter in front of a telly screen that’s reserved for the license fee payers.
I'm assuming they no longer have the 'Britney mics' which weather presents used when they first used that area. Presumably using those sort of mics would improve the background noise issue significantly.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 6 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Nige, Quantum+83, TJTSW