BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(27-04-2023, 01:50 PM)harshy Wrote:  
(26-04-2023, 11:01 PM)Moz Wrote:  I honestly can’t hear any difference between the sound in Studio J and that in any other studio.
I can hear it and I don’t even have a surround sound setup, why can’t they just use studio E?
There certainly is a small newsroom buzz, but I don't personally find it distracting and it's no worse than other 'open' studios, e.g. N9.

I imagine they don't use E for a variety of reasons - a) for the first three weeks its use overlapped with potential opt-outs; b) a full studio would be surplus to requirements; and c) they are phasing the use of E out, likely ahead of a new set installation.
[-] The following 9 users Like DTV's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Moz, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer

(27-04-2023, 02:25 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(27-04-2023, 01:50 PM)harshy Wrote:  I can hear it and I don’t even have a surround sound setup, why can’t they just use studio E?
There certainly is a small newsroom buzz, but I don't personally find it distracting and it's no worse than other 'open' studios, e.g. N9.

I imagine they don't use E for a variety of reasons - a) for the first three weeks its use overlapped with potential opt-outs; b) a full studio would be surplus to requirements; and c) they are phasing the use of E out, likely ahead of a new set installation.
Some people are more sensitive to sound, personally I stop listening to a podcast or programme with poor quality sound or lots of noise. It's just unprofessional when there are so many examples of people doing it right around.

At some point in the last couple of years or so, BBC News HD disappeared from Freeview channel 107. (I'm in the Mendip TX area, if that's relevant).

I have no idea why this happened. Please can anyone shed any light?

I had hoped that whatever been done to enable BBC One West HD to finally launch yesterday might also see the return of BBC News HD, but it remains absent.

(27-04-2023, 09:14 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  At some point in the last couple of years or so, BBC News HD disappeared from Freeview channel 107. (I'm in the Mendip TX area, if that's relevant).

I have no idea why this happened. Please can anyone shed any light?

I had hoped that whatever been done to enable BBC One West HD to finally launch yesterday might also see the return of BBC News HD, but it remains absent.
It was removed last year, as a result of the closure of the COM7 multiplex:

www.cordbusters.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Former Member 406

So, is there any prospect of BBC News HD returning to Freeview in the foreseeable future?

As if it taking 13 sodding years for the regions to come to BBC One HD wasn't bad enough, and entire HD channel being removed from the platform is such a massive backwards step.

Freeview really is the poorest of poor relations, in terms of the march towards HD becoming the norm.

Perhaps the next "revolution" in TV (like the advent of 625 lines, colour broadcasts, widescreen, and Analogue Switch-Off) could/should be the full phasing-out of Terrestrial in favour of forcing uptake of satellite/cable/internet-delivered TV?
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • Newsroom, thevaran, UTVLifer

(27-04-2023, 09:17 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  www.youtube.com 

Is the 5:30am junction in this video from this morning the first standing up pres since the relaunch?

5:30 am is labelled in schedules as World Business Report (although keeping generic titles), a kind of thing that is almost always done on a catwalk.

BTW, News at 1 and 10 also got an updated BBC website logo, as well as the Context (the latter - not everywhere yet)

[Image: p0fk7mhm.jpg]
[Image: p0fjvy7w.jpg]
[Image: p0fk1nnm.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, Former Member 406, Quantum+83, whistlerpro

I have been watching the overnight output of BBC News in Washington a few times already. It's presentation and output have not been too bad.

Although I have found one issue which relates to the live interview screens when it goes to another reporter or person outside of Washington.

The screens do have a habit of being a few seconds slower as opposed to when the live interviews go full screen on the main UK and World feed of the channel.

I was watching this issue unfold when Carl Nasman was interviewing Damien Grammaticas on some story at one of the big news screens from the newsroom at NBH earlier this week.

Why would an interview like that be a few seconds slow when it is being up linked between Washington & NBH?

Making the most of the massive desk tonight…

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 4 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Kojak, UTVLifer

Wasn't sure of the best place to post this, but the NUJ work to rule and planned strike action next week have been suspended:

radiotoday.co.uk 

A bit more normality in the regional bulletins then?

(27-04-2023, 09:41 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(27-04-2023, 09:17 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  www.youtube.com 

Is the 5:30am junction in this video from this morning the first standing up pres since the relaunch?

5:30 am is labelled in schedules as World Business Report (although keeping generic titles), a kind of thing that is almost always done on a catwalk.

5.30 and 6.30 have always been generic BBC News titles and lighting, but since the merger, what was the 7.45 which had WBR titles and lighting is now the same as the earlier editions since it moved to 7.30.
[-] The following 4 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AIB01WB, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer