BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

James Reynolds! Haven’t seen him for ages!
[-] The following 10 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Jayesyn, News76, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(10-05-2023, 06:34 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  James Reynolds! Haven’t seen him for ages!

Hopefully this means we will also see Martine, Annita, Karin, Geeta, Rebecca turn up for shifts on air soon.
[-] The following 10 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, Kojak, Ma76, News76, Quantum+83, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

He did a few WNA editions during March, from DC.
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, Quantum+83

(10-05-2023, 07:05 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 06:34 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  James Reynolds! Haven’t seen him for ages!

Hopefully this means we will also see Martine, Annita, Karin, Geeta, Rebecca turn up for shifts on air soon.

And not before time going by this article too fingers crossed! Seems the viewers have voted with their feet! Hopefully Kasia will soon turn up again too since i'm not sure she's actually left.

ETA:Apologies since this is the same article that was posted this morning but the point still stands (i.e at the very least the Nicky Campbell and Newsnight simulcasting should go at the very least.)
[-] The following 4 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, ilsondan15, Quantum+83, Rolling News

I’d ditch Newsnight and Nicky Campbell, bring back live with Lucy Hockings, impact and global, basically show what’s not available elsewhere, really push home the ex world news channel with US Focus to bring home the money.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, LTNewslover

(10-05-2023, 09:31 PM)harshy Wrote:  I’d ditch Newsnight and Nicky Campbell, bring back live with Lucy Hockings, impact and global, basically show what’s not available elsewhere, really push home the ex world news channel with US Focus to bring home the money.

Or i'd let daytime go back to what it was in March at the very least.
[-] The following 4 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, harshy, Ma76

(09-05-2023, 03:40 AM)FactorFiles Wrote:  They really should swap the order of the 2nd and 3rd shots in the titles - this would correct the mistake they've continued since the original move to NBH's edit for the News Channel, where they don't seem to understand that as originally designed the burst of circles corresponds with the pips.
It always annoyed me on the previous channel and network bulletins that they didn't use the World titles when they weren't in C.
Just looked strange and unnatural having the short titles' music but different scenes from the full one shown on World, and totally out of sync with the music too.
Even though they're over 15 years old now, I think they still look relatively fresh
Indeed I'd rather they used the long proper form of the titles like they did pre-2013, the build-up followed by the quick finish still doesn't feel right since it debuted two years ago

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 1 user Likes AndrewP's post:
  • chrisherald

(10-05-2023, 07:05 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  

Without divulging too much, I’m told an ironing-out of some of the parts of the new job descriptions is what’s keeping some of the above temporarily off screen- which has meant a reliance on freelancers to fill the gaps
[-] The following 11 users Like Pips2022's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, Kojak, Ma76, Moz, Quantum+83, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(10-05-2023, 09:47 PM)News76 Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 09:31 PM)harshy Wrote:  I’d ditch Newsnight and Nicky Campbell, bring back live with Lucy Hockings, impact and global, basically show what’s not available elsewhere, really push home the ex world news channel with US Focus to bring home the money.

Or i'd let daytime go back to what it was in March at the very least.
I think what was in March was much awful than what we got now, for both UK and world audiences.

Yes there were more familiar faces, but the stories they showed in every hour, especially the 2nd half of the hour, were almost exactly the same pre-recorded VTs, with almost no update - it looked like there was a break down making all things rebroadcast.

The relaunch is not perfect - especially on the newscasts’ agenda choosing between UK and global (or US) news - but the way they report the news is quite improved than it was in the past, in particular, than what we watched in March. They have brought more brief explainers and instant updates from BBC correspondents, letting viewers know the story quickly and properly.
[-] The following 5 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Ma76, thePineapple, TVFan

(11-05-2023, 12:36 AM)Frances Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 09:47 PM)News76 Wrote:  Or i'd let daytime go back to what it was in March at the very least.
I think what was in March was much awful than what we got now, for both UK and world audiences.

Yes there were more familiar faces, but the stories they showed in every hour, especially the 2nd half of the hour, were almost exactly the same pre-recorded VTs, with almost no update - it looked like there was a break down making all things rebroadcast.

The relaunch is not perfect - especially on the newscasts’ agenda choosing between UK and global (or US) news - but the way they report the news is quite improved than it was in the past, in particular, than what we watched in March. They have brought more brief explainers and instant updates from BBC correspondents, letting viewers know the story quickly and properly.

I'd rather go back to March than what we got now-The brief explainers wouldn't mean a thing to the average person watching.
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie