BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Just put World Business Report on... and immediately turned off. I'm sorry, because he's no doubt a lovely chap, but Aaron Heslehurst is just WAY too over the top with his presenting. Was he always this bad? It's like he had fifteen quadruple espressos before going on air.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AndrewP, Charles, chrisherald

(12-05-2023, 11:33 AM)Kojak Wrote:  Just put World Business Report on... and immediately turned off. I'm sorry, because he's no doubt a lovely chap, but Aaron Heslehurst is just WAY too over the top with his presenting. Was he always this bad? It's like he had fifteen quadruple espressos before going on air.

Wow! Is it the first time Heslehurst does WBR on the merged channel?

IIRC, he used to be the main WBR presenter back in the day, but since the merger he has been seen only doing weekly Talking Business show...

(12-05-2023, 12:39 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 11:33 AM)Kojak Wrote:  Just put World Business Report on... and immediately turned off. I'm sorry, because he's no doubt a lovely chap, but Aaron Heslehurst is just WAY too over the top with his presenting. Was he always this bad? It's like he had fifteen quadruple espressos before going on air.

Wow! Is it the first time Heslehurst does WBR on the merged channel?

IIRC, he used to be the main WBR presenter back in the day, but since the merger he has been seen only doing weekly Talking Business show...

I think he's had some personal issues according to his Twitter, which is Why we haven't seen him around so much.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 15 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Chud, Former Member 406, Frances, harshy, IanJRedman, LDN, Ma76, matthieu1221, oscillon, robxu9, Rolling News

Oh, dear. On the One now, Eurovision report seemed to end a bit early and switched back to Jane Hill talking to crew behind the camera.

(12-05-2023, 01:20 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  twitter.com 

That must mean The One and Weekends (outside of the Sunday Ten) must be going to Studio B very shortly then.
[-] The following 5 users Like News76's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, Former Member 406, Ma76

(12-05-2023, 01:34 PM)News76 Wrote:  

That must mean The One and Weekends (outside of the Sunday Ten) must be going to Studio B very shortly then.

That would be a shame since they've only just this week fixed the new titles for the One which were launched, six weeks ago...

(12-05-2023, 01:34 PM)News76 Wrote:  

twitter.com 

No info about the weekends yet. Given how they waited several weeks to move One to B (given that it was occasionally done in March and thus possible back then), they might drag it on a little bit more with the Weekend News.

twitter.com 

Eurovision coverage in one box, Pakistan in another with no sound. I take it this all went out on both domestic and World?
[-] The following 7 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ma76, octothorpe, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(12-05-2023, 01:41 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 01:34 PM)News76 Wrote:  That must mean The One and Weekends (outside of the Sunday Ten) must be going to Studio B very shortly then.

That would be a shame since they've only just this week fixed the new titles for the One which were launched, six weeks ago...
It would be nice if they could keep the trundle cam.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chud's post:
  • Ma76