BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Can’t say I’m a fan of the names for the new branded programmes. They all seem a bit ‘nothing-y’, like they’re being branded for the sake of it. I don’t think there was anything wrong with the likes of Impact and Global, to be honest. Might as well have brought them back.
[-] The following 14 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, harshy, Independent, Jeff, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, seenee, Universal_r, UTVLifer

(17-05-2023, 08:01 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I like the sound of Verified Live and The Daily Global, not sure about BBC News Now

i.ytimg.com 
Web Image

"It's like the BBC News... but it's now. Because you had the BBC News before and that was like old BBC News, BBC News Then, if you like. But now you have like modern BBC News, 2023 BBC News."

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(17-05-2023, 05:40 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(17-05-2023, 08:01 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I like the sound of Verified Live and The Daily Global, not sure about BBC News Now

i.ytimg.com 

"It's like the BBC News... but it's now. Because you had the BBC News before and that was like old BBC News, BBC News Then, if you like. But now you have like modern BBC News, 2023 BBC News."

Actually why do I picture Diane Morgan's Philomena Cunk reading this sort of stuff out?
[-] The following 8 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Former Member 406, ilsondan15, Jeff, LargelyALurker, xlalonce

(17-05-2023, 05:26 PM)Kojak Wrote:  They all seem a bit ‘nothing-y’, like they’re being branded for the sake of it.
Without any further details, it does seem a bit that way. Though I think they'll find it hard to sink as low on the 'branded for the sake of it' charts as Newsroom Live - whose branding largely consisted of some AfterEffects filters on the standard BBC News branding and whose different format seemed to mainly comprise of switching the main sport segment and the sport headlines around.
[-] The following 7 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Kojak, LDN, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

(17-05-2023, 05:40 PM)Josh Wrote:  

i.ytimg.com 

"BBC News Now" gives the impression of a pacey fast paced news programme which gives you everything you need to know pretty swiftly.   That's not something I associate with the BBC News Channel which often sticks on one story for far too long.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

I am glad branded programmes are coming back hopefully the presenters use the studio space better like the catwalk which seems redundant most of the time.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer, Worzel

I'm personally excited to hear the theme music aside from anything else.  Tongue

W. Knight Wrote:
Frances Wrote:I guess Verified Live is made by the new BBC Verify team…

www.bbc.co.uk 
[Image: p0fnrg5f.jpg]
Say, the blue globe looks more interesting than their holding division’s  Big Grin

Hope this will unite their Reality Check brand of stories - the name just doesn’t age well.

I must say this globe (if that's what it is) certainly is making the 2008 version look very dated indeed. Can we just have this in red please!
[-] The following 4 users Like thomalex's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, W. Knight

(17-05-2023, 06:01 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  
(17-05-2023, 05:40 PM)Josh Wrote:  i.ytimg.com 

Actually why do I picture Diane Morgan's Philomena Cunk reading this sort of stuff out?
Me too
IDK why I pictured that like the segment when Cunk explains UK elections much better than Jeremy Vine XD

[-] The following 10 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • AaronLancs, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Michael Wotton, PatrZDZ, Quantum+83, RhysJR, Stuart

W. Knight Wrote:
Frances Wrote:I guess Verified Live is made by the new BBC Verify team…

www.bbc.co.uk 
[Image: p0fnrg5f.jpg]
Say, the blue globe looks more interesting than their holding division’s  Big Grin

Hope this will unite their Reality Check brand of stories - the name just doesn’t age well.

Really hope if they’re going to use that for Verified Live they make it red.

The colour for BBC News is red and it looks messy and disjointed using different colours. They’ve changed The Context from teal to red so I hope they don’t go off message again with this.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • chrisherald, W. Knight