BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

ITV must be loving all the free publicity and oxygen the BBC is giving it to viewers in the UK and across the world.

I type as someone who could not give a flying pig's a**e about the tabloid trash that is This Morning or itv daytime.

I cannot believe that BBC News feels it's appropriate to be giving its readers and viewers minute by minute updates about today's edition of This Morning. This is not journalism in the slightest. Very disappointed by the BBC.
[-] The following 7 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, ginnyfan, ivlm001, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

The Schofield story should really be a few stories down the agenda now, considering there haven’t been massive new developments. It shouldn’t be the lead on the One
[-] The following 8 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, ginnyfan, Quantum+83, Studio7, UTVLifer

Who else spotted this most recent piece of brand inconsistency earlier?

[Image: IMG-5689.jpg]

[Image: IMG-5690.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Worzel's post:
  • chrisherald

This live feed is a low point for the BBC who have gone full on tabloid mode with tweets, opinions, reading between the lines ‘You can see how relieved they are to get through the programme’ etc

www.bbc.co.uk 

Remember they can afford to employ some one to write all this but can’t afford to employ an autocue operator
[-] The following 15 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, ginnyfan, JJJJ, LondonViewer, Quantum+83, RhysJR, Rolling News, strollfan, TVFan, UTVLifer, Yorksman

What is the split of audience between

Uk
Uk expats
Foreign viewers?

Does anyone know?

(29-05-2023, 11:55 AM)News76 Wrote:  And so is Luton Town's Victory parade it seems (since a UK opt-out has started for that)

If anything isn't this a BBC Sport red button opt out or web stream? I switched on to find out about the Turkish Elections, Ukraine latest, the story about the Met and mental health etc.  I don't care about Luton Town, Football, nor line up changes on a mid morning TV show which apparently had fewer viewers than the shows 6 music is axing of an evening.

I'd argue the MET story is the top UK story today, but everyone will argue differently. I agree the This Morning live blog was unnecessary and everytime someone reacts to the developments on social media doesn't bump it up to the top story too.

However I will also say my first thought this moment on opening the app and seeing two of the top three stories being related to the Turkey elections was that BBC World News were pretty much dictating content there too and it was being given higher prominence than previous Turkish elections might have had.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, woodnorton

(29-05-2023, 12:55 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I'd argue the MET story is the top UK story today, but everyone will argue differently.  I agree the This Morning live blog was unnecessary and everytime someone reacts to the developments on social media doesn't bump it up to the top story too.

However I  will also say my first thought this moment on opening the app and seeing two of the top three stories being related to the Turkey elections was that BBC World News were pretty much dictating content there too and it was being given higher prominence than previous Turkish elections might have had.
Isn't that because this particular Turkish election is of more significance? 

a) it's their first ever presidential run-off election
b) their autocratic president has just won another five years in power

So it's not exactly a standard routine election that would normally get third or fourth billing in the headlines. It is a big story.

And indeed, the Turkish election is leading the One, which incidentally is coming from B, with Matthew Amroliwala. Must be his first network bulletin in about a decade? Certainly his first appearance in B. (Incidentally he's wearing a tie)
[-] The following 9 users Like Studio7's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Frances, Happy2001, oscillon, Quantum+83, RhysJR, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Matthew making a rare appearance on a BBC1 bulletin this lunchtime.

Is this the first time he's been in Studio B? (apologies in advance if he's appeared there many times before and I missed it).
[-] The following 9 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, matthew, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, TVFan, UTVLifer

Thankfully they’ve seen sense and the tabloid gossip wasn’t in the headlines on the One

Also Amroliwala is wearing a tie, that collarless shirt look is probably too extreme for the network bulletins!
[-] The following 6 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, woodnorton