BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(13-06-2023, 07:06 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It’s often used at the end of simulcast programmes like Laura Kunessberg when it runs over 10am

Ah, I see. I'm usually throwing things at the screen and storming off in disgust long before the end of LK, so I hadn't spotted it before. 

Many thanks.
[-] The following 5 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(13-06-2023, 06:59 PM)LDN Wrote:  A strange end to the Six on the BBC News channel -- including a presentation element that I've not seen before. 

Sophie was beginning to wrap up the bulletin -- "Well, that is the latest from us" -- when this suddenly appeared... 

ibb.co 

A full-screen sting with just a big BBC News logo, front and centre, along with (I think) the same audio used in the BREAKING sting. 

Accompanying this was a generic voiceover: "This programme continues on BBC One". 

Then we crashed into the filler countdown for 40 seconds or so, before joining The Daily Global from the 1830 BOTH. 

Anyone else seen that before?

I've seen that before. Sometimes used on a Sunday morning when the simulcast of LK ends and they need to hit the 1000 TOTH. Also sometimes when they crash out of the Ten to join Newsnight.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald, LDN, Quantum+83

While I'm rambling incoherently about pres elements, this seems like the perfect time to share my wild-verging-on-irrational frustrations, which I've been bottling up for years, over this: 

[Image: bbc-news-live-location-bug.png]

I mean...   just...        WHY, WHY DON'T THEY LINE UP PROPERLY?!

*deep breath* 

Also, I just now noticed that the shades of red on the LIVE bug and the bottom of the location bug are -- for some reason; or perhaps, for no reason at all -- ever so slightly different. Mind, blown.
[-] The following 9 users Like LDN's post:
  • Aaron, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, James, Nobby, Quantum+83, Stuart, whistlerpro

(13-06-2023, 06:53 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  Wonder what the text in the colour bars was? Sportsday was on that video wall but it never went out.

Btw does anyone knuw what Network Bbc1 would have switched to? That would have gone to Sportsday normally, but if no oot out happened, what would have gone out tonight?

I think, these days, the sustaining feed is BBC London. Which obviously now shares a studio, so technically it's just a continuation of the same programme.
[-] The following 5 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jimbo2022, Quantum+83

(13-06-2023, 07:24 PM)LDN Wrote:  I mean...   just...        WHY, WHY DON'T THEY LINE UP PROPERLY?!

Also, I just now noticed that the shades of red on the LIVE bug and the bottom of the location bug are -- for some reason; or perhaps, for no reason at all -- ever so slightly different. Mind, blown.
That's always slightly bugged me too, though they do have form with this - the black location box during the 2008-13 graphics was a pixel or two higher than the red LIVE box for no discernable reason. And considering they altered the placement of the Live graphic during the 2007 set about a dozen times during the first few months, really seemed like something that could have been fixed fairly easily.
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, LDN, Quantum+83

(13-06-2023, 07:28 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  I think, these days, the sustaining feed is BBC London. Which obviously now shares a studio, so technically it's just a continuation of the same programme.

I thought that would be the case, as London viewers now get a long gap at the end of the national news while the regions opt out, a gap which on the odd occasion has been so long we have actually got to see all the other regional presenters starting their programmes!

But apparently network BBC1 does in fact still takes the news channel according to this post: pres.cafe 

Bit odd that the gallery of regions was tonight showing Studio D for BBC London when they were actually in B as usual.
[-] The following 4 users Like Robert Williams's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, IanJRedman, Quantum+83

(13-06-2023, 08:25 PM)Robert Williams Wrote:  I thought that would be the case, as London viewers now get a long gap at the end of the national news while the regions opt out, a gap which on the odd occasion has been so long we have actually got to see all the other regional presenters starting their programmes!

But apparently network BBC1 does in fact still takes the news channel according to this post: pres.cafe 

Bit odd that the gallery of regions was tonight showing Studio D for BBC London when they were actually in B as usual.

All of which could of course be solved with a closing sting for the national bulletin, even if that only plays out in the London area.   I've never been convinced by the argument viewers will turn off if they play a 7-10 second burst of the pips, especially considering the regional news often outrates the national bulletin.

At the very least London could play their titles prior to the headlines.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

Is this the cause of the delay are the London gallery team hotseating with the national team? Is that the cause?

(13-06-2023, 10:02 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Is this the cause of the delay are the London gallery team hotseating with the national team? Is that the cause?
I think their either use the same teams, or the switchover is done during the weather.

(13-06-2023, 07:48 PM)DTV Wrote:  That's always slightly bugged me too, though they do have form with this - the black location box during the 2008-13 graphics was a pixel or two higher than the red LIVE box for no discernable reason. And considering they altered the placement of the Live graphic during the 2007 set about a dozen times during the first few months, really seemed like something that could have been fixed fairly easily.

While the TC7 gallery had a completely different Gill Sans font weight for the location graphic, and the black background was smaller than the LIVE box.
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83