BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I have to say handing over to Nicky Campbell on the UK feed at this point is a mistake rather then sticking with the rolling coverage.
[-] The following 7 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, LDN, Newsroom, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

The last week has been great to showcase the talent they still have. Rajini Vaidyanathan, Rich Preston, Samantha Simmons, Nancy Kacungira etc have all done a really great job and I don’t think there has been a need for ‘senior’ people to have been on air. They may not be as recognisable as others but they are still exceeding.

(15-06-2023, 09:40 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  I have to disagree. 

What is the point in having two correspondents in the Newsroom?

The report is 30,000 words along and they were reading and reacting to its contents live as it was published.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chud's post:
  • chrisherald, SlimyTrain

"One of the details that's been picked out is the revelation that two MPs on the Committee wanted Boris Johnson expelled from the House, which is of course a far more serious sanction, and it would have forced an immediate by-election. 

So, what are people making of all these findings and everything that's going on? 

Well, let's find out what listeners of Nicky Campbell are saying..." 

[Image: bbc-news-johnson-nicky-campbell.png]

Why? Why the hell should we find out what listeners of Nicky Campbell are saying? 

It surely goes without saying that this is a major political story (evidently, it's important enough to opt out for!!). The details of the report are continuing to emerge by the minute as it's digested in newsrooms and elsewhere. Reactions are pouring in from across the political spectrum, and there are still countless questions waiting to be answered. 

So why, FFS why, are we spending any time at all on the vacuous opinions of Steve from Dagenham? We've had 15 minutes of this dreck already, and it's still going on

[Image: bbc-news-johnson-nicky-campbell-STILL-GOING.png]

WTF is going on here?
[-] The following 14 users Like LDN's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Daveuk, GMc, harshy, Martin, matthieu1221, Newsroom, Nige, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(15-06-2023, 10:23 AM)LDN Wrote:  "One of the details that's been picked out is the revelation that two MPs on the Committee wanted Boris Johnson expelled from the House, which is of course a far more serious sanction, and it would have forced an immediate by-election. 

So, what are people making of all these findings and everything that's going on? 

Well, let's find out what listeners of Nicky Campbell are saying..." 

WTF is going on here?

Apparently UK viewers don't want international news. They want domestic coverage with names. This is the cheapest way to do it. 
Now if the attitude was somewhat different, you could have a product like AJEnglish or a tweaked version of BBC World, but people want domestic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LondonViewer's post:
  • chrisherald

(15-06-2023, 10:34 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  They’ve now left Nicky Campbell’s programme again and Nick Eardley is now on. Maybe they’ve been reading this thread?😉

I was just about to post the same thing! 

There was zero point in going to Nicky Campbell. Utter nonsense.
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Nige

Back to Nicky Campbell for more Opinions of the Ill-Informed at 1040. 

[Image: bbc-news-johnson-nicky-campbell-WTF-AGAIN.png]

Another 12 minutes, and counting, of this worthless bilge.
[-] The following 7 users Like LDN's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Nige, Spencer, Telefunken

It just reminds me of when Talk TV launched and everyone was like you can't just throw a camera in a radio studio and put it on TV. Apparently you can at the BBC too...

It's going out on BBC 2 as well.. Just close the channel if you aren't even going to try.
[-] The following 4 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy

(15-06-2023, 09:24 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  Samatha Simmonds started the hour on the World Feed then handed over to Nancy Kacungira. The World feed has now gone it’s own way again.
Most of these "breaking news" presenters wouldn't have got a look in pre-merger.   Even as someone who rarely watches Sky News nowadays even their faces outside their big names are more familar than the people BBC News are using.

Breaking news responsibility should perhaps be handed back to the network news team rather - they should perhaps handle it in the way they would if they didn't have a news channel, because frankly they don't.    So in the case of these early morning developments that would be likely keeping Breakfast on air till 10am (on the news channel, not necessarily BBC1) and then the lunchtime presenter coming on air early and a secondary presenter being called in to support them.

And presumably BBC World are covering this story in some detail anyway - it's as significant as a Donald Trump story would be.    Why not just go all out on the merged service for an hour or two at least - this is an ex-PM after all, not an ex-This Morning presenter.
[-] The following 9 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Independent, LargelyALurker, Nige, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(15-06-2023, 10:39 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  I was just about to post the same thing! 

There was zero point in going to Nicky Campbell. Utter nonsense.

Sorry I accidentally deleted my post. Completely agree with you. The UK feed coverage between 10 and 11 was a complete mess, crashing in and out of Nicky Campbell’s programme. It was completely disjointed!
[-] The following 5 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Newsroom, Nige, Quantum+83

(15-06-2023, 11:13 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  Sorry I accidentally deleted my post. Completely agree with you. The UK feed coverage between 10 and 11 was a complete mess, crashing in and out of Nicky Campbell’s programme. It was completely disjointed!

Someone must be reading this forum. Rob Watson is now with Nancy on College Green!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald