BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Seems they've tidied up the junction between the end of the Ten and start of Newsnight a bit. If the Ten overruns they wait until the end of a report then go into the filler leading into NN, rather than just crashing out of someone when they're in mid sentence.

Still not great but think it's the best we're likely to get.
[-] The following 11 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, PatrZDZ, Quantum+83, Reith85, thePineapple, UTVLifer, xlalonce

Maybe it's a bit early to start thinking about it but I wonder if there will be a manufactured outrage regarding poppies this year. Which presenters will wear them and when? Just those who are on screen in the UK, just those that are on screen exclusively in the UK? Will the presenter put a poppy on during the awkward pause when BBC World go to adverts and take it off again just before they come back?

The Daily Mail will be on Poppy Watch, I expect it will be someone's full time job at BBC News too.

I'll start a new thread in early November.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • chrisherald

Wednesday 21st June 2023 is the Summer Solstice.

So, if the "spring refresh" of BBC News that was rumoured 94,000 weeks/months/aeons ago is ever actually going to sodding well materialise - and not be deferred to a subsequent season/year/decade (or to the Twelfth of Never) - then it's tomorrow or nothing!

The rather 2D and simple title sequences that have debuted in recent times for Focus on Africa, The Context, News Now, and Verified Live are presumably indicative of the direction of travel for any possible new look for BBC One network bulletins and/or generic hours on the NC (if there even are still any of the latter anymore, since the advent of a spate of branded strands?).

Almost *anything* other than the 94th interation of the existing titles being hacked-about to badly Chameleon-ise them, would be welcome at this point.
[-] The following 10 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Newsroom, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, Stuart, Superman1986, Worzel, xlalonce

I feel we will be stuck with this look for the next 25 years until they update the titles with another new BBC logo (which will be another 16 year project).
[-] The following 10 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Ittr, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, Superman1986, UTVLifer

It seems unlikely they will remove the pulsating rings seeing as Reporting Scotland just launched new titles in that style.
[-] The following 5 users Like chris's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain

It seems the News Channel has taken the Ten this evening.
[-] The following 3 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, Quantum+83

Can they not chameleon-nize the Current BBC Regional News Titles?
[-] The following 5 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Quantum+83

(18-06-2023, 09:27 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  Wednesday 21st June 2023 is the Summer Solstice.

So, if the "spring refresh" of BBC News that was rumoured 94,000 weeks/months/aeons ago is ever actually going to sodding well materialise - and not be deferred to a subsequent season/year/decade (or to the Twelfth of Never) - then it's tomorrow or nothing!

The rather 2D and simple title sequences that have debuted in recent times for Focus on Africa, The Context, News Now, and Verified Live are presumably indicative of the direction of travel for any possible new look for BBC One network bulletins and/or generic hours on the NC (if there even are still any of the latter anymore, since the advent of a spate of branded strands?).

Almost *anything* other than the 94th interation of the existing titles being hacked-about to badly Chameleon-ise them, would be welcome at this point.

Where has this “refresh” rumour come from? They’re in the middle of rolling out a standardised set design. Studio B is still pretty new and looks smart enough. I honestly think the “refresh” has already happened.
[-] The following 5 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, LDN, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer

(18-06-2023, 11:40 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Where has this “refresh” rumour come from? They’re in the middle of rolling out a standardised set design. Studio B is still pretty new and looks smart enough. I honestly think the “refresh” has already happened.
I tend to agree. I think we've already got whatever changes were going to happen, aside from chameleonising the regional news titles.
[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Jayesyn, LDN, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(19-06-2023, 07:57 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I tend to agree. I think we've already got whatever changes were going to happen, aside from chameleonising the regional news titles.

I believe it was originally stated last year at the time of the Rollout of the new studio B that a graphics refresh would follow this year. I think everyone assumed that would be at the launch of the new combine service. However at the launch I remember someone saying that a major overhaul has been delayed due to budgetary constraints. Therefore I would agree that there is not likely to be any refresh of graphics this year.
[-] The following 6 users Like South's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer