BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(24-06-2023, 02:15 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Is that because the news channel effectively has no UK overnight operation now, outsourcing the hours abroad?

Or more to do with verifying what was going on to ensure accurate reporting?

Watching what was happening through Twitter, there were lots of videos purporting to be events in Moscow etc - but who was verifying to ensure the footage was genuine?

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • AndrewP, Apples, Brekkie, Jeff, matthieu1221, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

With the rolling coverage about Russia continuing weather forecasts are currently been dropped on the UK feed but are still airing as normal on the World feed.

(24-06-2023, 02:59 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  With the rolling coverage about Russia continuing weather forecasts are currently been dropped on the UK feed but are still airing as normal on the World feed.

And just faded John Simpson out for the 20 odd second countdown for a TOTH sequence.
[-] The following 3 users Like watchingtv's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, Quantum+83

Nice to see a familiar name popping up
[Image: IMG_7675.jpeg]
[-] The following 15 users Like sigma421's post:
  • AaronLancs, AJB39, BBI45, chrisherald, Frances, harshy, Juicy Joe, Keith, Michael Wotton, oscillon, PJamo, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer, Worzel

Opening titles of the News at Ten were the older, blurry version with bad framerate. Possibly because this bulletin is outside the norm for Saturdays, and the wrong file was loaded in error?
[-] The following 8 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Frances, oscillon, Quantum+83, Superman1986, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(24-06-2023, 10:17 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Opening titles of the News at Ten were the older, blurry version with bad framerate. Possibly because this bulletin is outside the norm for Saturdays, and the wrong file was loaded in error?
Also the teatime news - the old blurry titles but with animated Chameleon blocks.
I have never seen this since the relaunch…

Thought tonight's Weekend News/News at Ten was really well packaged.

Great use of the studio. We even had a Huw live walk to chat to Lyse Doucet who was standing at the catwalk which I don't think I've seen for around a year or at least since the 6 and 10 moved in last year?

I've noticed that studio B seems to be used differently depending on who's presenting.
[-] The following 7 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Frances, oscillon, Quantum+83, TJTSW, UTVLifer

Poor Laura! After a fast paced show, the ‘Daleks’ were out of control at the end of ‘Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg’ as the cameras spun in all directions, the music and titles were premature and she looked embarrassed. How does this happen on BBC1’s flagship political programme?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound's post:
  • chrisherald

I don’t think there was any bbc news special titles were they ?

(25-06-2023, 10:03 AM)Newshound Wrote:  Poor Laura! After a fast paced show, the ‘Daleks’ were out of control at the end of ‘Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg’ as the cameras spun in all directions, the music and titles were premature and she looked embarrassed. How does this happen on BBC1’s flagship political programme?

Were they out of control or did the director cue them a little too early. Given it was music and cameras it feels like just firing the cue a little early.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • bilky asko