BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(25-06-2023, 11:16 AM)harshy Wrote:  I don’t think there was any bbc news special titles were they ?

No, except at some point they used BREAKING stinger after the headlines instead of the globe titles.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, harshy, Superman1986

I quite like this camera angle/location, which has been used over the past 24 hours.
[Image: 20230625_124043.jpg]

Perhaps ironically BBC Monitoring has been getting a lot of name checks today and yesterday. Does slightly beg the question why they bothered creating BBC Verify, when BBC Monitoring still exists and has been getting a lot of mentions.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

(25-06-2023, 12:47 PM)Keith Wrote:  I quite like this camera angle/location, which has been used over the past 24 hours.

Perhaps ironically BBC Monitoring has been getting a lot of name checks today and yesterday. Does slightly beg the question why they bothered creating BBC Verify, when BBC Monitoring still exists and has been getting a lot of mentions.

They do have different remits, though.

BBC Monitoring is about having bilingual journalists monitoring foreign media to look out for new stories that haven't yet been reported on, to keep an eye on what state controlled media is saying about a story, and to occasionally provide a level of expertise on that region by providing analysis in live hits. I assume they also do a lot of translation work as part of this. This can include fact checking and OSINT, but that is a secondary task. Most of their routine work we never see as their primary role is to monitor.

BBC Verify is primarily about OSINT, fact checking claims made on social media / traditional media, and doing explainers on what they know and how they know it. A sort of 'behind the scenes' look at the journalism to build trust. We see all of their work as their primary role is to create output.

There may be some overlap on some stories (like this one), but I do think they very clearly have different remits.

It's also worth remembering that Monitoring provides a commercial service as well.
[-] The following 15 users Like simon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Earlie37, Frances, ginnyfan, Happy2001, London Lite, matthieu1221, oscillon, SlimyTrain, Stooky Bill, Stuart, TVFan, UTVLifer

(25-06-2023, 12:47 PM)Keith Wrote:  I quite like this camera angle/location, which has been used over the past 24 hours.

It is a much better camera angle. When they’re talking to someone from BBC monitoring it makes sense to me to talk to them in the newsroom but I really do not get it for all the other reports. It just seems silly to me when you’ve got a studio with multiple screens sat there.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ViridianFan's post:
  • chrisherald

New strap colour, hmm...

twitter.com 

And Huw is in B for the late afternoon Sunday bulletin. What could this mean?

(25-06-2023, 04:45 PM)Transmission Wrote:  New strap colour, hmm...

twitter.com 

I’m hoping it’s the searing white ‘not a ticker’ that’s changing
[-] The following 1 user Likes thomalex's post:
  • chrisherald

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Nicky Campbell’s colour changing so it doesn’t clash with the new sport look
[-] The following 9 users Like news junkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Former Member 406, lepeterrr, London Lite, thePineapple, TVHead

(25-06-2023, 05:11 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  And Huw is in B for the late afternoon Sunday bulletin. What could this mean?

The Russia story is still bring given Lead Newsreader treatment.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Dare I say it, I think this time I think we should be excited with the new changes, let’s hope we are not disappointed like the last few months.