BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(26-06-2023, 02:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  And why on earth is everything still 4:3 safe.   BBC World used to be the excuse but surely BBC World doesn't really broadcast anywhere in 4:3 now - and if they do they should just put the picture in a 16:9 (or at least 14:9) frame instead.    I don't think any other major international news broadcaster still keeps things 4:3 safe.

Plenty of 4.3 TV’s in some parts of the world.

(26-06-2023, 02:20 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  This shows the current BBC graphics at their absolute worst for me.

[Image: image.png]

Tiny serif text (where everything else on screen is sans serif), drowning in dead space to all sides. 

Either have two lines of text (like they used to), or reduce the size of the graphic.
And on top of all that, the text producer misspelled “nonsense”.
[-] The following 7 users Like leewilliams's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83

Once again, the difference between BBC News and Sky News is night and day.

Sky News:
- Standard programming
- Feed of Covid Inquiry at side, with QR code to scan if I'd rather watch it
- Functioning ticker informing me of a stabbing in Nottingham, the passing of a former Scotland football manager, and a missing woman (sadly) being found dead next to a dual carriageway not too far from me

BBC News:
- Standard programming interrupted by uninterrupted feed of Covid inquiry
- Only news on the ticker is seemingly that BBC News has a website...

I kissed a gull and I liked it!
[-] The following 8 users Like BBI45's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, LargelyALurker, LDN, Ma76, Reith85, Universal_r

(26-06-2023, 01:57 PM)Worzel Wrote:  [Image: IMG-6261.jpg]
[Image: IMG-6264.jpg]

BBC Sport there with a better use of the current BBC branding than News again. No need to put 'Sport' at the bottom of the screen during the titles (it's a title sequence after all, not channel pres) and the logo with 'Sport' in yellow looks better than the news logo in the red rectangle.
[-] The following 7 users Like Transmission's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Brekkie, GMc, James, Ma76, Quantum+83, Spencer

If the new graphic tweaks are causing you all distress, don't forget, you can always folow the coverage on the website instead...

[Image: 354548954_983167446466991_43045890148701...e=64C122B7]

Well with this new strap arrangement now there’s no programme name mentioned at all, it’s just terrible this bbc news channel it truly sucks.
[-] The following 7 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Moz, Quantum+83, Reith85, SlimyTrain, TVenthusiasm

Wow - what a utter mess - certainly makes Sky News (what I'm watching currently) - a well-known channel - even more polished then you may think. Typos, messy graphics and presentation, a flipper that does not work MOST TIMES, camera issues - you name it - they have it all. And the icing on the cake - a all red strap (as of this morning). This is the WORST the news channel has even been since it launched. It's such a shame that the BBC - the national UK broadcaster - does not care one bit on a news service that is essential to the whole corporation. Whoever approved all of this should be sacked - it's not going to go down well with the public.
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • Reith85, TJTSW

So the only time I know they’re covering Breaking News now is when I’m being blinded by that garish shade of red 🤨
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, Ma76, Quantum+83, Reith85, TVenthusiasm

The graphics seemed to crash/have an issue at the 3pm top of hour with the strap text not sitting in the right place. It also features the most meaningless line of text of the day.

[Image: IMG-6274.jpg]

At 3pm they're also still running Elton John closing the Glastonbury festival in the headline sequence, which is really no longer news.
[-] The following 9 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, LDN, Ma76, oscillon, Quantum+83, TJTSW

(26-06-2023, 03:15 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  So the only time I know they’re covering Breaking News now is when I’m being blinded by that garish shade of red 🤨

When they started showing the Covid inquiry, I couldn't differentiate between the shades on my small bedroom TV. I had to stand up, walk over to the screen, and compare the strap with the clock in order to compare them.

I kissed a gull and I liked it!