BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(26-06-2023, 03:09 PM)harshy Wrote:  Well with this new strap arrangement now there’s no programme name mentioned at all, it’s just terrible this bbc news channel it truly sucks.

I didn't think Verified Live, the Daily Global etc had show slugs on the BBC News bar? Its been another inconsistency since the channels merged as Newsday, Nicky Campbell and The Context do.

Pretty sure The Context had the show slug text in a red box, which is the same shade as the BBC News logo/new strap colour so will be interested to see if they've changed the box colour or not! If I were a betting man, probably not.

(26-06-2023, 03:21 PM)Worzel Wrote:  I didn't think Verified Live, the Daily Global etc had show slugs on the BBC News bar? Its been another inconsistency since the channels merged as Newsday, Nicky Campbell and The Context do.

Aah just seen Nicky Campbell that programme gets a programme name strap green on the old red breaking news colour awful.

Considering the app push alerts now go off multiple times of day for every minor development or opinion piece from an editor, surely we are in a world now where every bit of news is seen as breaking news

(26-06-2023, 02:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  And why on earth is everything still 4:3 safe.   BBC World used to be the excuse but surely BBC World doesn't really broadcast anywhere in 4:3 now - and if they do they should just put the picture in a 16:9 (or at least 14:9) frame instead.    I don't think any other major international news broadcaster still keeps things 4:3 safe.
It had been discussed on the blue place, the purple place and here… In fact it’s 14:9 safe with an ITU regulated 3.5% safe zone.
[-] The following 2 users Like Frances's post:
  • chrisherald, Ma76

Not sure what’s happening but has virtual studio A had its day? 
twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ma76, oscillon, thePineapple

(26-06-2023, 04:49 PM)Chud Wrote:  Not sure what’s happening but has virtual studio A had its day? 
twitter.com 
A's gallery controls the breaking news/balcony studio, so I suppose that it must have de facto become A since the merger.
[-] The following 10 users Like DTV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Chud, Ma76, Quantum+83, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(26-06-2023, 02:05 PM)AIB01WB Wrote:  twitter.com 

There are so many elements here that look so much better than the rest of the channel - for me, the headline straps look far better; the wipe is nice; the pre-titles and titles have been properly designed and are more than just random circles. 

If they just replaced the 'sport' elements with 'news' and rolled that out, I think we'd all be much happier!
[-] The following 12 users Like steve's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, LargelyALurker, LondonViewer, Ma76, Robinho02, SlimyTrain, Transmission, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(26-06-2023, 03:53 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Considering the app push alerts now go off multiple times of day for every minor development or opinion piece from an editor, surely we are in a world now where every bit of news is seen as breaking news

Wonder how many have turned the excessive notifications off. I certainly have.

(26-06-2023, 04:49 PM)Chud Wrote:  Not sure what’s happening but has virtual studio A had its day? 
twitter.com 

Where is that in NBH? It doesn't look like the old Outside Source balcony position.

(26-06-2023, 06:41 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Where is that in NBH? It doesn't look like the old Outside Source balcony position.

It is the view the presenter has doing the UK breakouts. So it is part of the old Outside Source/Weather balcony studio. You may know it as J but is controlled by Gallery A.
[-] The following 6 users Like NickyS's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Ma76, Stuart, Worzel