BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(27-06-2023, 04:26 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  What they should have done from the start was made the lower thirds a single line with logo, clock and ticker. Then above it the individual programmes can generate their own graphics. It would save the Singapore issue, make broadcasting from Washington easier, mean that Breakfast could still take the ticker on the news channel and allow Newsnight's graphics to go down to an acceptable height.

They could even use a modified version of the format used for Talking Business, HardTalk and others for all programmes to actually make it feel like one integrated channel. I've also put an idea of how this might look on my twitter.
It almost sounds like the 2013 ticker
I seem to remember the Business news used to have a little business globe in the corner of their astons
I can't remember if any other programme did this

Here's the colours at their height
[Image: Screenshot%202023-06-28%20003438.png][Image: Screenshot%202023-06-28%20003353.png][Image: Screenshot%202023-06-28%20003136.png][Image: Screenshot%202023-06-28%20003108.png]

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 3 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • chrisherald, Ma76, Quantum+83

(27-06-2023, 10:53 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Mate.
It’s just theories I know they sound wacky but who knows, I just can’t believe what the bbc have done to their once great bbc news channels.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • chrisherald, Juicy Joe

twitter.com 

(27-06-2023, 06:45 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  I wonder if this is entirely accurate. Tina is sitting in for Jeremy this week on Radio 2 and presumably doesn't still do the news on the Zoe Ball breakfast shows on those days. That isn't to say that Tina isn't doing the Ten tonight - Tina's always appeared to be a very hard worker.

Yes Tina was on the Ten.
[-] The following 1 user Likes watchingtv's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Is there a reason why Sophie couldn’t just do the 10 yesterday? She’s done both before many times. It’s confusing why sometimes they have three presenters when they could just do two, especially in the age of cost cutting BBC.
[-] The following 3 users Like Alx321's post:
  • AndrewP, Quantum+83, Superman1986

(28-06-2023, 06:19 PM)Alx321 Wrote:  Is there a reason why Sophie couldn’t just do the 10 yesterday? She’s done both before many times. It’s confusing why sometimes they have three presenters when they could just do two, especially in the age of cost cutting BBC.
I suspect there are a few factors involved - such as attending editorial meetings, exceding a certain number of hours worked or their non-work schedules. It also doesn't really matter from a costs perspective if they have two or three presenters in as they are salaried rather than paid-per-day.
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Frances, Ma76, Rolling News, xlalonce

So other then one hour from Singapore these opaque graphics are here to stay now for world viewers at least for Uk viewers this increases to a few hours as they simulcast much more shows, I wonder if they’ve change the underlying feed which some presenters post on their Twitter feeds.

Meanwhile Nicky Campbell simulcast today lacked the bespoke aston

[Image: BBC-Nicky-noaston.png]

I’ve got decent eyesight and it hurts my eyes it’s too strong particularly the breaking news red which is like a orangey red.

Another day another opt on the news channel for UK specific stories. Indeed they're so frequent perhaps it would be a good idea to have two feeds- one for the UK audience and one for International viewers. That might work well.