BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

BBC News strap just peaking over the SKY News Strap there

Is the giant bright red strap telling us that Tim Davie is being interviewed is necessary, when we can see and here it? And the live bug when it's obvious that it's live

[Image: 8IljVrpR_o.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN

(11-07-2023, 01:15 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  BBC News strap just peaking over the SKY News Strap there

Clever/lucky alignment

(11-07-2023, 01:17 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Is the giant bright red strap telling us that Tim Davie is being interviewed is necessary, when we can see and here it? And the live bug when it's obvious that it's live

[Image: 8IljVrpR_o.jpeg]

So Radio 4 also does have some visually decent studio, as does 5 live. Speaking of possible simulcasts...
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(11-07-2023, 01:17 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Clever/lucky alignment

Also shows you just how unnecessarily large the BBC graphics are.
[-] The following 8 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chevron, chrisherald, DeMarkay, ilsondan15, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

So did the news channel take the Radio 4 World at One instead of the BBC1 News at One then?
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

(11-07-2023, 03:45 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  So did the news channel take the Radio 4 World at One instead of the BBC1 News at One then?

Yes, they did. I'm not sure if it went out on the global feed too as Lucy Hockings was presenting.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

(11-07-2023, 03:45 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  So did the news channel take the Radio 4 World at One instead of the BBC1 News at One then?
It took the World feed which took World at One. 

Lucy Hockings specifically stopped the in-studio correspondent and introduced the program that was underway before the interview started (around 10 minutes into the hour).

When Sarah Montague went on to NATO summit, Lucy picked up and the World feed went its own way, with a bit more discussion of what they heard.
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

When I look at Studio B, I always feel they are in a green screen virtual studio and not a real one which they are in.

You or I might recognise someone's profile pic on social media... but, when the BBC Verify team look a profile pic on Strava, they are "carrying out facial analysis".

www.bbc.co.uk 

They don't half talk themselves up!
[-] The following 2 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • chrisherald, ilsondan15