BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

ARGH

ibb.co 
[-] The following 8 users Like LDN's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, ilsondan15, James, oscillon, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple, thomash79

(18-07-2023, 09:31 PM)Hemsright Wrote:  I think you're over-reacting, there is nothing wrong with having a very subtle bit of fun on a news channel, it doesn't have to be serious 24/7, you can have fun in a job.

And nobody would probably have even noticed if it wasn't for one person who is known for 24/7 obsessively watching the news channel in a bid to clip any possible cock-up (however slight) and immediately post it on Twitter

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 10 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Critique, Frances, ilsondan15, Jamesypoo, Rxtx, SlimyTrain, strollfan, UTVLifer

(18-07-2023, 10:47 PM)LDN Wrote:  ARGH

ibb.co 

You won't enjoy watching BBC Persian then as they haven't adopted Reith at all and are still 2 updates behind.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, ilsondan15, oscillon, Roger Darthwell, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer

(19-07-2023, 12:14 AM)Worzel Wrote:  You won't enjoy watching BBC Persian then as they haven't adopted Reith at all and are still 2 updates behind.

www.youtube.com 
It’s an odd day when the Persian service is now the nicest and most professional looking channel.
[-] The following 2 users Like kookaburra's post:
  • chrisherald, Roger Darthwell

(19-07-2023, 12:14 AM)Worzel Wrote:  You won't enjoy watching BBC Persian then as they haven't adopted Reith at all and are still 2 updates behind.

www.youtube.com 
Or the World Service:
[Image: p0g1hywd.jpg]
www.bbc.co.uk 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • SlimyTrain

(18-07-2023, 09:33 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  If your studio is off air, how is it your fault that the hostage box in London has got you displayed as an OS?

The people taking selfies during the Queen announcement was not on. This line is a lot more blurred.
They weren’t taking selfies. You could see they were taking pictures of the screens about Studio E which show news channels around the country as they’d have all been reporting the same news on the Queen so they would’ve been taking a photo of that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harryb's post:
  • chrisherald

(18-07-2023, 09:56 PM)Hemsright Wrote:  I can agree with you on most parts, I wouldn't be here right now if the story being reported was something extremely serious. Also I think they did it because they knew they were on as they can see the output on BBC News & I guess they wanted to do something fun - It's just really sad that people on this forum are acting like its the worst thing to ever happen.

It’s just a feed anything can happen on these feeds, the only thing they can change is the location of the so called hostage space so it’s away from those feeds, but I like watching feeds I don’t mind at all. It showed me I only one of the AFP channels and the BBC get the whole lot.

(19-07-2023, 04:03 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  Or the World Service:
[Image: p0g1hywd.jpg]
www.bbc.co.uk 
It’s not just BBC News but all bbc channels in Europe except Nordic and News can’t be asked with this new logo, bbc world service don’t even know there is a new logo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

(18-07-2023, 08:11 PM)Josh Wrote:  BBC staff trying to get into shot during a HostageCam take earlier:
twitter.com 

I take it that is genuine but not showing that happening full screen looks like it's been edited in.   Regardless of what is happening in the background that shot is awful though.

I think people are being a little unfair to those people in Washington and to whoever was directing...

In all likelihood they were messing around in an off air studio without realising that they were in vision. Although seeing all of the incoming feeds is fun for people like us, it's dangerous for this exact reason.

And I assume the director has a lot of things demanding their attention and isn't obsessively watching the tiny boxes behind the correspondent throughout their interview.
[-] The following 12 users Like simon's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chaose, Jamesypoo, SlimyTrain, strollfan, thePineapple, Transmission, TVFan, Universal_r, UTVLifer, VMPhil

(19-07-2023, 09:49 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I take it that is genuine but not showing that happening full screen looks like it's been edited in.   Regardless of what is happening in the background that shot is awful though.
Unsurprisingly a full screen version is now on Mail Online, which seems to confirm it was genuine. Whilst one person might accidentally be seen in 'off air' studio camera this appears to have been messing about, which unfortunately as it appear via a screen in the background looks unprofessional.

I imagine a stern memo has gone out to all news/studio staff reminding them that just because the studio is off-air doesn't mean that the camera isn't offline, and its feed might potentially appear in-vision elsewhere. It's the same with presenters wearing mics and thinking that because they don't think they're on air that nobody can possibly hear them.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.