BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I suspect Simon Jack will have to resign as well.

To give him his due, Farage has said that he doesn't blame the BBC for running with the story they were given from such a senior source.

Quote:Speaking to BBC Radio 4’s PM programme, Mr Farage said the focus should return to NatWest and there was “no fault or no blame on the BBC”.

“If a very senior source gives you a good story, of course you run it. There’s no question about that,” he said.

“It’s just that I had to go to very great lengths and great personal damage to undo the story.

“Some will say the BBC could have acted more quickly but there’s no fault or blame.

www.gazetteseries.co.uk 
[-] The following 8 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, BBI45, Brekkie, chrisherald, News76, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain

Fair play to him - it always seemed questionable from a GDPR point of view.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • MLehon, UTVLifer

Sorry if wrong thread. 

I’ve just had my BBC news app update. What on earth have they done?! 

The previous layout was so clear and simple to use. It feels like I am now scrolling constantly to find what I want. Why would you make users scroll through all their topics to get to the one they want. So much easier to swipe horizontally. It previous lay out was so much easier to use.  

I couldn’t find the watch live at first. Why would you move that from along the bottom to hiding it in between the headlines on the first page. If this is the brave new world of digital first I’m pass. 

The whole app feels like it is change for the sake of change.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 5 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Bungo Bill, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell

BBC News app -- before... 
[Image: bbc-news-app-before.png]

...and after:
[Image: bbc-news-app-after.png]

Animated BBC blocks on pull-to-refresh: 
ibb.co 

I don't recall seeing the BBC News globe graphic on this red-to-black gradient before (the gradient matches that used on the app's splash screen):
[Image: bbc-news-app-globe-red-bg.png]

A sign of things to come?
[-] The following 6 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, KatsKaravan, oscillon, thePineapple

Can I ask what version of the BBC News App this is and on what platform?
[-] The following 2 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • bkman1990, SlimyTrain

(26-07-2023, 04:09 AM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Can I ask what version of the BBC News App this is and on what platform?
The above screenshots of the new app are from BBC News v7.0.0 (25339) on iOS 16.6.
[-] The following 3 users Like LDN's post:
  • AaronLancs, bkman1990, harshy

(26-07-2023, 04:12 AM)LDN Wrote:  The above screenshots of the new app are from BBC News v7.0.0 (25339) on iOS 16.6.

As I am on Andriod. I'll check up on what version it is now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • bkman1990

Android also has the updated app.

It seems not much has changed since the beta version, and it's still poor.

(26-07-2023, 10:04 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  Android also has the updated app.

It seems not much has changed since the beta version, and it's still poor.
I’m very glad they ditched the horizontal swiper section for top stories from the Beta version which had the effect of hiding most of the main stories.

(26-07-2023, 04:06 AM)LDN Wrote:  I don't recall seeing the BBC News globe graphic on this red-to-black gradient before (the gradient matches that used on the app's splash screen):
[Image: bbc-news-app-globe-red-bg.png]

A sign of things to come?
I suspect more likely is it’s just another rogue element of BBC News’ Frankenstein mish-mash of branding styles. I’ll admit though, it looks quite nice.
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Jayesyn, Quantum+83, Stuart