BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

The weather in the News at Ten didn't come from B, even though the touch screen appeared elsewhere in the programme.

(18-08-2023, 11:25 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That's far more sensible than showing Newsday tonight.   Suspect it'll get a couple more outings over the weekend too. 
The UK feed has today preemptied 22:30-23:30 UKT for a repeat of Lucy Letby Panorama episode, instead of showing live editions of Newsnight and (part of) Newsday

(21-08-2023, 05:18 PM)dvboy Wrote:  What are the chances of this tweet being a direct reaction to the above comments?...

twitter.com 

Elon Musk style context free data as justification for dreadful decisions and mismanagement. 

What’s the bounce rate? Reckon a lot of people would do it for the novelty and close the page a second later. 

Pushing the audience off to the app or website is not the solution they think it is. IMO many people would resent being pushed off to a second rate digital story where the tone (and previously standards) is totally different to flagship services. I’ve turned on the channel, I want to get the news about this important thing, not be pushed to the app which is painfully clickbaity and feels completely halfarsed.
[-] The following 6 users Like kookaburra's post:
  • chrisherald, Jayesyn, LDN, leewilliams, Quantum+83, xlalonce

www.playbiz.be 
Web Image

Would cameras like these work in B? 

Their rails are not as much of a safety risk as the Furious, and they are less of an eyesore.
[-] The following 3 users Like Marcell's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald

I've noticed some of the presenters don't carry their scripts with them when presenting from the tower / catwalk.

What would they do if the autocue went down?

I seem to remember Ben Brown had an issue with one of the cameras recently, luckily he had his script on him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marcell's post:
  • chrisherald

Would something like this be more amusing or embarassing to look at now?
www.instagram.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 10 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Marcell, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer

(21-08-2023, 12:56 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Quite surprised they're broadcasting the sentencing live considering they have to keep cutting away due to privacy injunctions in place. Would make more sense just to release the footage after. That said I don't think the sentencing being filmed adds anything to the process.

I get why in theory they're showing live what they can but it just highlights how in practice a reporter summing up the sentence after makes for a smoother broadcast.
It's all part of opening up the justice system and making it more visible to the public. I doubt it's truly live, the feed will be controlled by MOJ and have a short delay to avoid anything slipping through by mistake.

I saw the set-up at our local Magistrates' Court which was used extensively to allow cases to continue by video during the COVID lockdown. It was all controlled internally. It was actually quite impressive.

Hopefully none of us will ever be standing in the dock of a Crown Court to witness something like this, and there is quite limited space within the press/public galleries at such locations.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(22-08-2023, 08:33 AM)Stuart Wrote:  It's all part of opening up the justice system and making it more visible to the public. I doubt it's truly live, the feed will be controlled by MOJ and have a short delay to avoid anything slipping through by mistake.

I saw the set-up at our local Magistrates' Court which was used extensively to allow cases to continue by video during the COVID lockdown. It was all controlled internally. It was actually quite impressive.

Hopefully none of us will ever be standing in the dock of a Crown Court to witness something like this, and there is quite limited space within the press/public galleries at such locations.
The feed is not technically controlled by the court, but it is made with their agreement. A journalist working for the media companies (BBC, ITN, SKY and I think PA) is normally there and controls the cameras and what comes out. There is a slight delay to it, but the broadcasters usually get a preview from the journalist about what we can expect to see & hear during the hearing. This includes whether we are likely to lose the feed at certain points.

I think it can work different outside London, with broadcasters possibly taking it turn.

This is what was said at the time of launch:

Quote:
[*]Broadcasters will only be able to film High Court and Senior Circuit judges sitting in the Crown Court and will need to obtain permission from the judiciary in advance.
[*]Filming will be subject to the usual reporting restrictions and appropriately edited before leaving the courtroom. In the case where filming is to be broadcast live, there will be a short delay before broadcast to avoid any breach of reporting restrictions or any other error.
[*]HMCTS will retain copyright of the footage, and HMCTS, MoJ and Judicial Office will be able to access any footage taken by broadcasters.
[*]The full sentencing remarks of any case broadcast will be hosted on a website to which the public has access.
[*]Filming is already permitted in the Supreme Court, however this is carried out by the court itself and separate from this contract.

www.gov.uk 
[-] The following 5 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, Quantum+83

Yet another new presenter on BBC News right now……….I’m honestly struggling to keep up!

Especially since I’m the BBC News RosterDoctor. I have no clue what’s going on.

And that’s not a good thing, BBC News.
[-] The following 12 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, ginnyfan, Nige, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News, Stuart, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple

(23-08-2023, 08:16 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Yet another new presenter on BBC News right now……….I’m honestly struggling to keep up!

Especially since I’m the BBC News RosterDoctor. I have no clue what’s going on.

And that’s not a good thing, BBC News.
They’re now using the same system as jury duty to fill presenting shifts. We’ll all get a turn at some point.