BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Isn't the vast majority of 5 Live from Salford?
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(28-08-2023, 04:57 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Isn't the vast majority of 5 Live from Salford?
I thought that every 5 Live programme comes from Salford after the station was moved there back in 2011

(28-08-2023, 05:01 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  I thought that every 5 Live programme comes from Salford after the station was moved there back in 2011
Definitely not all. A few, such as Kermode and Mayo, came from NBH.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

I remember Laura Whitmore's Sunday morning show on 5 Live used to also be broadcast from London, as well as Nihal Arthanyake's afternoon show which also comes from NBH iirc

Guy Goma is taking the BBC to court over the royalties of his famous News channel appearance.

twitter.com 

(23-08-2023, 03:53 PM)harshy Wrote:  Has Yalda Hakim left then she hasn’t been seen in days, just wondered if the Sky limousine has collected her from Aunty Beeb.

Not yet, Yalda was on the BBC tonight.
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(28-08-2023, 08:02 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Guy Goma is taking the BBC to court over the royalties of his famous News channel appearance.

twitter.com 

More of a question for the Media Question Amnesty Thread, but do interviews on the news get contributor fees? Do they have to sign something that approves their appearance rights in perpetuity? Would there even be royalties for this? (the clip is available on Getty)
[-] The following 5 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Happy2001, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(28-08-2023, 09:53 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Not yet, Yalda was on the BBC tonight.

They need to redo that countdown as they keep on losing presenters/have presenters that only appear in the UK.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

(28-08-2023, 10:52 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  More of a question for the Media Question Amnesty Thread, but do interviews on the news get contributor fees?
They don’t if they are doing their day job ……MP company chairman lobby group spokesman etc etc …. Or just being Vox popped in the street
They may get something if they are more independent and clearly expert but not much… and not always
Going back quite a few years I waived my fee if they sent a car for me …..

Quote: Do they have to sign something that approves their appearance rights in perpetuity?
Yes no matter if they are paid nothing …..
“assign to the BBC all rights in your Contribution for the BBC to use it worldwide in perpetuity in all media known now or in the future.” www.bbc.co.uk  But they are behind bbc log in

Quote:Would there even be royalties for this? (the clip is available on Getty)
No …not for a normal contributors release form
[-] The following 7 users Like Technologist's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, Quantum+83, RhysJR, TIGHazard