BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

[Image: bbc-news-website.jpg]

A new version of the international (i.e. outside of the UK) BBC News website is being launched in 2024. 

As reported by the Financial Times via TheDesk (see links at end of post), the new global BBC News site will have a strong focus on more personalised content, particularly for visitors in the United States.

BBC Studios CEO Tom Fussell said the new site will be "a great offering for [US] advertisers", adding that the BBC is also recruiting more US-based journalists to bolster its coverage there. 

I wonder what implications this might have for the BBC News site in the UK...  

Links:
FT.com -- www.ft.com 

TheDesk.net -- thedesk.net 
[-] The following 4 users Like LDN's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, thePineapple

WNA with Caitríona and BBC Overnight News with Sumi both came from the NY studio instead of Washington. I wonder why?

(19-09-2023, 08:44 AM)harryb Wrote:  WNA with Caitríona and BBC Overnight News with Sumi both came from the NY studio instead of Washington. I wonder why?

Because it's the UN General Assembly in NY this week
[-] The following 5 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harryb, London Lite

(19-09-2023, 08:22 AM)harryb Wrote:  On BBC?! Shouldn’t he be on CNN?

Oops! Wrong thread! Apologies, removed the post

I have noticed on the global feed the trailers the bbc logo nicely animates between each trailer, it’s actually pretty good.

Tonight's BBC News at 6 began with breaking news right at the start of the headlines: 
ibb.co 

I can't remember the last time I saw a National bulletin start the headlines in this way -- with the top headline being that "the BBC is just getting information" on a breaking story, along with the in-vision BREAKING graphics. 

Usually a breaking story is briefly tacked onto the end of the 1/6/10 headlines ("...and in the last few minutes, XYZ has happened -- we'll have more on that story" etc); or even ignored entirely until after the headlines/titles, so that the presenter can then open the programme with it (which is simpler than making last-second changes to the carefully planned and rehearsed headlines sequence). 

As far as I can recall, it's something of a rarity to see a 'breaking-right-now' story being bumped up to the top of the headlines on a BBC One bulletin.
[-] The following 5 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, chrisherald, PatrZDZ, Quantum+83, thePineapple

Not sure it was real breaking news, just something that BBC News had been hanging on to to release at 18:00.
[-] The following 4 users Like Nobby's post:
  • AIB01WB, chrisherald, Quantum+83, thePineapple

Surprised it’s not been mentioned, but the 6 and 10 are coming from Plymouth tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • TJTSW

(20-09-2023, 03:40 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Surprised it’s not been mentioned, but the 6 and 10 are coming from Plymouth tonight.

Why? What’s happening in Plymouth that I didn’t know about? Where can it be presenting from? Just on location? I assume not in Spotlight’s studio?

(20-09-2023, 03:52 PM)harryb Wrote:  Why? What’s happening in Plymouth that I didn’t know about? Where can it be presenting from? Just on location? I assume not in Spotlight’s studio?

From the University of Plymouth's Marine Station: there doesn't seem to be a specific reason, maybe a feature concerning a study from the site?

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like strollfan's post:
  • chrisherald, TJTSW, UTVLifer