BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Victoria was always over the top and personal, that was her thing. This goodbye felt very American but I can tolerate it since Victoria was such a character, very watchable. The same can not be said for the lot that remains on BBC.

Sad times....

The ‘farewell’ wasn’t really about her though so I feel she got away with it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Manclad83's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer, xlalonce

To be honest, I got a bit lost watching her farewell speech this morning, but it was 100% what I'd expected from Victoria.

While Victoria was never a major name on the NC, she was up there with McCoy, Croxall and Heslehurst on the entertainment front and a master of handling the rogue cameras in C.
[-] The following 4 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Rolling News

I liked Victoria's farewell, which is pretty much what I expected from her. Love the cowboy boots!

Speaking of farewells, has Yalda left now?

Just had a look at World and Victoria did a much shorter farewell to international viewers at the end of her final WBR.
[-] The following 5 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(22-09-2023, 04:58 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I liked Victoria's farewell, which is pretty much what I expected from her. Love the cowboy boots!

Speaking of farewells, has Yalda left now?

Yalda last appeared a week ago on the 15th September and no on air announcement or fuss was made. Also Maryam did Verified Live on Monday rather than The Daily Global, so presume Yalda hasnt left just yet
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(22-09-2023, 05:41 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Yalda last appeared a week ago on the 15th September and no on air announcement or fuss was made. Also Maryam did Verified Live on Monday rather than The Daily Global, so presume Yalda  hasnt left just yet

Last seen at a Sky News launch event at Somerset House I think she’s left.

I see Orla Guerin has turned up in Kyiv on an OB, so there must be something bad about to happen. Not good if you happen to live there.

I suspect that Kay Burley and four horsemen are also on a flight out there.  Confused
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

(22-09-2023, 04:06 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Victoria was always over the top and personal, that was her thing. This goodbye felt very American but I can tolerate it since Victoria was such a character, very watchable. The same can not be said for the lot that remains on BBC.

Sad times....

Indeed.

But at that time of the morning, anyone deserves a good send off who has maintained the slot for so long.
[-] The following 7 users Like Former Member 237's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Frances, Quantum+83, thePineapple, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(22-09-2023, 03:08 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Sorry to sound like a misery, but having watched that, it all felt very over-the-top and self-indulgent to me.

There have been much higher profile and longer serving presenters who've bowed out with a lot less fuss and fanfare. I wish her all the best, but had it not been for this forum, I'm not sure I'd have known who she was.

I thought the first bit was a bit long but forgiveable in the circumstances - but then she went on and on and on and lectured the audience - not what viewers would be wanting at 5.55am.   Seemed a bit arrogant too to say goodbye to BBC1 viewers specifically in such a lengthy manner midway through her shift.

Outside of more magazine style programmes like Breakfast presenters usually leave very quietly with just the briefest of acknowledgements it's their final shift unless they're a broadcasting legend. So whilst it's understandable she wanted a couple of minutes to say goodbye it's questionable that the producers arounded her afforded her so much airtime for the purpose.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, harshy, JJJJ, Spencer