BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Another name to keep in the mix is Kirsty Young, who has been sharing some of those high profile jobs with the likes of Edwards in recent years and has a journalistic background. I could see them asking her to front some more of those programmes in place of Edwards.
[-] The following 5 users Like House's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jeff, UTVLifer

On X/Twitter, seems like BBC News UK shows up on Twitter now as live, with the tagline - BBC News Channel HD; could we be seeing the news channel go down the same route as Sky News and their YouTube channel?
[-] The following 2 users Like Manget1's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, SlimyTrain

Have they shortened the headline sequence on the 6? I’ve noticed a couple of times over the last week when they’ve read the first headline, they no longer cut back to the newsreader in vision before moving on to the second headline.

(25-09-2023, 05:42 PM)House Wrote:  Another name to keep in the mix is Kirsty Young, who has been sharing some of those high profile jobs with the likes of Edwards in recent years and has a journalistic background. I could see them asking her to front some more of those programmes in place of Edwards.
Good call.  Is an advantage as well to not using a regular newsreader for election coverage as rehearsals etc. then don't disrupt the main news schedule too much - though if it is in B guessing the network news may be kicked out for a period anyway.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(25-09-2023, 05:04 PM)DTV Wrote:  I have a feeling that he presented or at least co-presented some editions of Election News and Campaign Report during the 1983 and 1987 elections (i.e., the extended Nine O'Clock News). Whether he was a studio-bound presenter or not, I don't know, but I feel I've seen him listed for them.

Edit: Indeed, here is David Dimbleby as a newsreader in 1987:
www.youtube.com 

It can be argued that those bulletins were "election-flavoured" and so came into Dimbleby's pervue but as a straight anchor?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • Stuart

Just watching The Context, I wonder why they can't one of the two contributors who are based in London in the studio rather than down a poor quality webcam.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omnipresent's post:
  • Nige

(25-09-2023, 09:19 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Just watching The Context, I wonder why they can't one of the two contributors who are based in London in the studio rather than down a poor quality webcam.
Money. If you want people to go out of their way, you'll generally have to pay either travel fees or a higher appearance fee.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

Are they any new titles in the pipeline, wbr, Newsday and world news America come to mind, I am surprised they didn’t use the red versions of the business titles for WBR given their obsession with red.

(26-09-2023, 11:44 AM)harshy Wrote:  Are they any new titles in the pipeline, wbr, Newsday and world news America come to mind, I am surprised they didn’t use the red versions of the business titles for WBR given their obsession with red.

I suppose it depends if someone has a spare 10 minutes in their lunch break to knock something up on PowerPoint. 🙄

(26-09-2023, 12:29 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I suppose it depends if someone has a spare 10 minutes in their lunch break to knock something up on PowerPoint. 🙄

Err I thought no mocks were allowed on here Big Grin
[-] The following 9 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Jeff, London Lite, Quantum+83, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, Superman1986, UTVLifer