BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

That is perhaps partly a legacy of the 1 being a NC-produced bulletin in the past and until the merger, so there is a smaller team of dedicated presenters for that bulletin than the 6/10 team.

In fact, most of the presenters in the pool of regulars at 1 are former NC faces who used to do both, but have been promoted recently to full time network roles - Ben Brown and Jane Hill, for example.

(02-10-2023, 05:29 AM)interestednovice Wrote:  That is perhaps partly a legacy of the 1 being a NC-produced bulletin in the past and until the merger, so there is a smaller team of dedicated presenters for that bulletin than the 6/10 team.

In fact, most of the presenters in the pool of regulars at 1 are former NC faces who used to do both, but have been promoted recently to full time network roles - Ben Brown and Jane Hill, for example.
Maybe a bit, but I think it's more down to the fact that, until the Edwards debacle, Chakrabarti and Myrie were still also regular presenters on the One, but have now shifted to primarily the Ten, leaving the One pretty much the sole domain of Brown and Hill (and I seem to recall somebody suggesting Hill was only part-time these days?).

Basically, we now have the same number of shifts being filled by five presenters as were being filled by six before July - combinations of leave and illness, particularly over the summer, is going to mean there are a few extra slots where none of the regulars are available. This is also why Husain has been appearing a bit more regularly during the week recently.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice

(01-10-2023, 10:05 PM)DTV Wrote:  I notice the conference season graphics are built around squares this year, rather than hexagons as per the last few years. Perhaps suggests that the hexagon's reign as the basis for politics graphics (including the elexagon) is coming to an end? Wouldn't be entirely surprising, can easily see a Chameleon-style symbol for elections where the blocks are organised in to an X.
Maybe once we hit the election Politics Live will finally adopt the correct BBC logo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

(01-10-2023, 11:58 PM)Radio_man Wrote:   I wouldn't say that's completely true. Last few months we've had Maryam Moshiri on weekday 1pm bulletins, Matthew A has presented a bank holiday 1, as well as Nancy C presenting a bank holiday 1.

Bank Holiday 1’s don’t count as they are basically like weekend lunchtime bulletins, that are handled by the News Channel team
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, m_in_m

I assume the main weekday 1 has now back in the network production fold following the merger of the news channels after years of being a news channel production, until it's farmed off to Salford at least.

(02-10-2023, 08:59 AM)DTV Wrote:  Maybe a bit, but I think it's more down to the fact that, until the Edwards debacle, Chakrabarti and Myrie were still also regular presenters on the One, but have now shifted to primarily the Ten, leaving the One pretty much the sole domain of Brown and Hill (and I seem to recall somebody suggesting Hill was only part-time these days?).

Basically, we now have the same number of shifts being filled by five presenters as were being filled by six before July - combinations of leave and illness, particularly over the summer, is going to mean there are a few extra slots where none of the regulars are available. This is also why Husain has been appearing a bit more regularly during the week recently.

I think it's worth noting (as it's a role she held for a long time) that I don't think Mishal Husain does Sundays anymore, she certainly hasn't done it for a long while. It's usually always Clive or Reeta, with her popping up during the week every so often instead.
[-] The following 3 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Stuart

(02-10-2023, 09:51 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I assume the main weekday 1 has now back in the network production fold following the merger of the news channels after years of being a news channel production, until it's farmed off to Salford at least.

Is the move to salford of the one been officially confirmed now? 

I still struggle to see the logic of the move. I know it’s about producing more content outside  of London but what genuine impact will it have on the news at one apart from having a different background? The complaint has been that it’s too London focussed, but how about Norfolk and Suffolk in the east? We may feel its to London and north focused. Would you move the 6 to Norwich? 

IMO the focus should be on producing programmes such as politics live around the country so they’re getting outside of the Westminster bubble. This just feels like a box ticking exercise. Does it generally make an difference to anyone where they are sat? 

It must surely cheaper if the national are produced in the same location. It just seems particularly daft when they’ve spent all that money on studio B and to have just the 6 and 10 use it and Laura K on a Sunday.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 5 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

There is an hour long Panorama Special at 9pm on BBC One this evening. Scott Bryan is reporting on Twitter that the BBC are not announcing what it's about?

Perhaps something explosive?
[-] The following 3 users Like simeonsays's post:
  • bax, mikeho, Stuart

(02-10-2023, 01:10 PM)simeonsays Wrote:  There is an hour long Panorama Special at 9pm on BBC One this evening. Scott Bryan is reporting on Twitter that the BBC are not announcing what it's about?

Perhaps something explosive?
Probably best not to speculate until the details are announced. However, it's worth noting that www.bbc.co.uk  currently only has the title of "Special". I wouldn't be too surprised if it'll be announced just before 6pm, so that it can be the lead/breaking news item on the Six, which would conveniently gives the programme some publicity.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, interestednovice, simeonsays

(02-10-2023, 02:21 PM)Keith Wrote:  I wouldn't be too surprised if it'll be announced just before 6pm
I’m reliably informed it’ll break at 5pm and isn’t about any celebrity misdemeanours.
[-] The following 3 users Like leewilliams's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer