BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(02-10-2023, 07:54 PM)arbrax Wrote:  Or, as it seems, this is her last shift lol
Bit of a random day for her to leave (on the first Monday of a new month).

m.youtube.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, ginnyfan, interestednovice, Jeff, matthieu1221, oscillon, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

That's a classy exit, but I expected nothing less.

As awkward as it was to go back to presenting the rest of the bulletin for UK viewers, it made total sense for Yalda to say goodbye while her World audience was watching.

Glad I got her last TOTH. I had a feeling this could be it.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, harshy, interestednovice, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

A real class act. Can’t wait to see her on Sky.
[-] The following 13 users Like all new phil's post:
  • ACTV, AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, ginnyfan, harshy, interestednovice, Jeff, matthieu1221, Rolling News, simeonsays, Universal_r, UTVLifer

(02-10-2023, 08:38 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Bit of a random day for her to leave (on the first Monday of a new month).

m.youtube.com 
I guess it’s probably down to when she handed in her resignation, what her notice period was, and how many holiday days she had left.
[-] The following 10 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer

I noticed today that Politics Live have rocked up in Manchester with their 'Millbank mini-desk'. It has also previously been used for Newsnight, so we'll see whether they're also sofa surfing this week.

I see Sophy Ridge over on Sky News is also on the road this evening.

Nobody bothered decamping for the LibDem conference last week. Is that just normal now as they are only the 4th party at Westminster?
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(02-10-2023, 09:29 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I noticed today that Politics Live have rocked up in Manchester with their 'Millbank mini-desk'. It has also previously been used for Newsnight, so we'll see whether they're also sofa surfing this week.

Nobody bothered decamping for the LibDem conference last week. Is that just normal now as they are only the 4th party at Westminster?
Sophy Ridge was at the Lib Dem conference last week.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(02-10-2023, 09:33 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Sophy Ridge was at the Lib Dem conference last week.
My bad. I didn't realise she was there in person.   Angel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • UTVLifer

(02-10-2023, 09:29 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I noticed today that Politics Live have rocked up in Manchester with their 'Millbank mini-desk'. It has also previously been used for Newsnight, so we'll see whether they're also sofa surfing this week.

Newsnight are indeed once again using the Politics Live ‘mini Millbank’ set up this year at the Tory conference in Manchester, and we’ll likely see the same again next week for Labour’s conference in Liverpool
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart

BREAKDOWN ALERT!!!

The 0230 edition of ABR is currently RECORDED. Recorded strap on both UK and World feed. Sportsday and everything is fine as usual (though all the overnight editions of Sportsday is actually a repeat of the 2345 edition). Something must've gone wrong in Singapore...

World feed - with no bug:
[Image: 4db22dacc5d7692f3ccac9f8149fd368.png]

UK feed:
[Image: cd700e82a46de52a35fa6b290be5a31c.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bax, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon, thePineapple

Just noticed something for the second day running. The One is coming from E yet the Six and Ten are coming from B?

Would anyone on the inside know why?

Thanks