BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Has the News at One moved back to Studio E? This is the second day on the trot. Thought it might be tech issues again but it hasn’t affected the Six and Ten.
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon, UTVLifer, woodnorton

(02-10-2023, 08:51 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  That's a classy exit, but I expected nothing less.

As awkward as it was to go back to presenting the rest of the bulletin for UK viewers, it made total sense for Yalda to say goodbye while her World audience was watching.

Glad I got her last TOTH. I had a feeling this could be it.

www.youtube.com 

That makes Victoria Valentine's farewell look embarrassing. Which it was.
[-] The following 11 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, freeaxe, harshy, itsrobert, kookaburra, Rolling News, Spencer

(03-10-2023, 01:05 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Has the News at One moved back to Studio E? This is the second day on the trot. Thought it might be tech issues again but it hasn’t affected the Six and Ten.

I think *something* is broken in B - the past few days, the heads have been done sat down and not from the tower. Not sure if the camera that shoots the opening shot is unavailable or something. They've been using the tower but only shot from the other side of the studio.
[-] The following 4 users Like steve's post:
  • chrisherald, oscillon, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(03-10-2023, 01:51 PM)steve Wrote:  I think *something* is broken in B - the past few days, the heads have been done sat down and not from the tower. Not sure if the camera that shoots the opening shot is unavailable or something. They've been using the tower but only shot from the other side of the studio.
There is only one camera on the track in front of the tower and it's also used for the weather, so it's obviously working for the Six/Ten.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • chrisherald

Mixed-case location bug on the left; all-caps on the right... 

[Image: bbc-news-home-sec-uk.png]

...and is the sh!tty alignment of the LIVE/location bugs -- which have never properly lined up -- somehow getting worse?

[Image: bbc-news-location-bug-fuckery.png]

It also strikes me as a bit sloppy to see "Home Sec" being used on the lower-thirds, particularly on the world feed (it's hardly the most helpful abbreviation for a global audience): 

[Image: bbc-news-home-sec-world.png]

There was a time (not all that long ago!) when such details really mattered to BBC News. Those were the days...!
[-] The following 13 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, harshy, ilsondan15, Jayesyn, Nige, Nobby, Reith85, Rolling News, Spencer

After keeping the House of Representatives in-vision on pushback for nearly two hours -- throughout most of The Context -- BBC News brilliantly managed to completely miss the result of the vote on Speaker McCarthy, while Brendan Christian (!!) Fraser was speaking with a BBC reporter live in the newsroom on a different story. 

When they eventually cut to the House, supposedly to hear the result, it was immediately clear that the result had already been announced, and they were ending the session for a recess.

So, another round of applause for the BBC News channel. 

Or maybe just a never-ending slow-clap.
[-] The following 11 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, ginnyfan, harshy, ilsondan15, Nige, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(03-10-2023, 10:21 PM)LDN Wrote:  while Brendan Fraser was speaking with a BBC reporter live in the newsroom on a different story.

Understandable - he's more experienced in acting than being a newsreader.
[-] The following 7 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, JamesWorldNews, LDN, TVFan

(03-10-2023, 10:25 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Understandable - he's more experienced in acting than being a newsreader.

Oh good lord.

Perhaps I should spend a little more time maintaining my own standards before criticising others... 😂 

Now corrected -- many thanks for pointing that out!
[-] The following 2 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, thePineapple

(03-10-2023, 10:21 PM)LDN Wrote:  After keeping the House of Representatives in-vision on pushback for nearly two hours -- throughout most of The Context -- BBC News brilliantly managed to completely miss the result of the vote on Speaker McCarthy, while Brendan Christian (!!) Fraser was speaking with a BBC reporter live in the newsroom on a different story. 

When they eventually cut to the House, supposedly to hear the result, it was immediately clear that the result had already been announced, and they were ending the session for a recess.

So, another round of applause for the BBC News channel. 

Or maybe just a never-ending slow-clap.

To be fair they've been managing to do that sort of thing on the BBC for many years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

Yes, they often get criticised for missing too many declarations during elections, which is quite similar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • UTVLifer